Red Shoes

Wonwoo fell asleep with his head resting against Mingyu's shoulders whilst a movie played on the TV screen. Mingyu had been writing for the majority of the night in the little red book but that didn't stop Wonwoo from stealing as many kisses from him as he liked which is probably why writing took so long.

Other than the biting cold of Mingyu's living room and the lack of covers the two slept soundly. However, after a dream or two passed something pulled Wonwoo from his slumber.

"No, I'm not asking you to come back. I just want to talk to you."

Wonwoo woke up to Mingyu's hushed voice.

"Stop twisting my words. I'm trying to fix what happened."

He seemed to be talking to someone but of course Wonwoo could only hear his half of the conversation. He stayed still with his eyes closed listening to Mingyu's soft voice.

"I'm sorry but I don't want that." He had started to grit his teeth and let out an irritated sigh.

"Just let me say what I need to say for once in your life!" Mingyu paused, "Thank you... What I have been trying to explain is that I think you're holding on too much. When you told me you loved me I just didn't feel the same way... or I was confused. It doesn't matter. Basically, I think you should move on and- Let me finish my sentence, wow-"

Wonwoo sat and rubbed his eyes. Mingyu was on the phone to Joshua, he assumed.

"We're still friends, I would never let that relationship we had fall apart, but that is all we will ever be. Nothing more, nothing less. Is that ok?" Mingyu smiled at Wonwoo as if he was checking what he said was the right thing to do so Wonwoo gave him a thumbs up and a grin, followed by a yawn.

"Don't say that. You're an amazing person! You'll find someone someday."

Judging by Mingyu's responses Joshua was a very pushy person but Mingyu seemed to care about him a lot. They must have been really good friends before it all went wrong between them.

"If you want... Ok... I'll talk to someone and see what they think about it."

Mingyu snaked his arms around Wonwoo's shoulder and held him close as he spoke into his mobile.

"Alright... See you soon. Oh and Joshua... stay safe." Then Mingyu hung up and sighed. He looked exhausted and it was evident Joshua had been talking to him for a very long time.

"You ok?" Wonwoo asked.

"Yeah. I called Joshua and fixed everything with him. I wanted to give him a clear answer and to advise him to move on."

"Good idea."

"He's so heartbroken, Wonwoo. I totally tore him apart when I rejected him all those years ago. I didnt realise how much he cared about me." The situation was upsetting Mingyu almost as much as it was upsetting Joshua.

"It's not your fault. You were totally entitled to say no to him."

"I suppose so." Mingyu looked away from Wonwoo's eyes and suddenly developed an interest in a spot on the carpet where he stared blankly, thinking and pondering, regretting and accepting. "Anyway, it's ok now. I told him he should move on and he asked if I knew anybody I would set him up with. I've got a few ideas."

"That's good. Hopefully he can find someone who will love him as much as he loves them." Wonwoo lightly turned Mingyu's head by his chin to face him and offered him an encouraging smile and a gentle hand against his cheek.

Mingyu smiled and kissed Wonwoo's lips ever so lightly, as if they were made of silk. "I need to take my mind off things. Shall we go out today? I've got the day off."