His Suit

"Let's hail a taxi. I think I might dislocate my shoulders if I carry these for any longer." Wonwoo complained as soon as they had started walking home.

"Man up, Wonu."

"Do you want me to swing this bag of paint tubs at your head? Because I will if I have to."

With no time wasted after that Mingyu rushed to the side of the path and called over a passing taxi subsequently saving himself from potential brain damage due to a bucket of paint against his skull.

"Should we go to yours or mine?" He asked Wonwoo as they piled into the back seat with all their shopping.

"Let's drop all this off at mine. Then go home." Wonwoo struggled to fasten his seatbelt with three buckets of paint and a bag of bunting and fairy lights on his lap.

"Home?"

"I meant your apartment." Wonwoo laughed nervously.

"You're so cute."

"Shut up."

They rode in what would've been silence if Mingyu wasn't humming the entire way which had become a habit whenever he was sat next to Wonwoo in a car. Wonwoo wanted to join in. He really did. But he didn't know how. He knew if he tried to make a sound as sweet as Mingyu's voice come from his own mouth it could only end in humiliation. He was practically tone deaf except it was 10 times more drastic.

After dropping off all the shopping at Wonwoo's the two changed into their new matching shoes and walked to Mingyu's apartment.

"When do you wanna start painting?" Mingyu asked, hands in pockets. The weather had grown considerably more chilly since they left Wonwoo's apartment complex.

"This weekend maybe."

"I'll make sure I'm not busy."

Their red converses drummed against the sidewalk in time to their chattering teeth as they walked. The air was cold, the wind was chilly but their hearts warmed their cheeks and bodies despite the biting weather.

-

Wonwoo knew he needed to go back to work some time soon or else he could very well lose his job. He hated it though. It used to be a place where he could escape the boredom of silence in his everyday life but now he had met Mingyu, who had coloured every corner of his bland existence, the warehouse seemed dull and depressing.

"I think I'm ready to look for a new job." Wonwoo concluded his thoughts out loud as he snuggled his head into Mingyu's neck whilst they cuddled on the bed.

"That's great!" Mingyu felt a pang of pride as soon as Wonwoo spoke.

"I need to stop feeling sorry for myself now. I should to get on with my life."

"It's a very brave thing to do."

Wonwoo wasn't brave, he was fed up. Fed up of being miserable and unsuccessful. And fed up of being held down permanently by his disability. He wanted to be normal but this time he didn't mean the kind of normal that everybody else was. All he needed was for the backbreaking weight of hiding everything about himself in shame to be lifted from his shoulders.

"I think I should start being more open about my deafness too."

"Really?"

Wonwoo nodded and Mingyu pulled him into a hug, tight enough to bring up last nights lunch. "I'm so proud of you." He smiled into his boyfriend's hair.

"Calm down." Wonwoo struggled to breath, "I'm not going to do it alone. You're coming with me to every interview."

"Anything for you."