Crush

Needless to say they lost. Wonwoo tripped on his shoelace as they were running for cover resulting in Mingyu getting a paintball to the face as he tried to help him up. Then as if things couldn't get any more embarrassing for Wonwoo he accidently shot himself in the chest whilst fumbling with his gun, Mingyu spent so much time laughing that he didn't notice Jeonghan creep up behind him. The four boys exited the room, half of them covered head to toe in paint the other half smiling brightly.

"Guess we're buying lunch then." Wonwoo sighed as they took off their protective clothes and handed them to a member of staff.

"It's ok. I'll pay."

"But you pay for everything."

"It's because I love you."

Wonwoo smiled through a cherry blush "You're so cheesy."

Joshua and Jeonghan took advantage of their free meal and bought almost everything on the menu. Wonwoo settled for a small burger since he felt bad and Mingyu had some chicken nuggets. They didn't talk much, maybe because it felt awkward to chat when a deaf person was at the table and texting on the group chat would mean having to include 9 other people on their double date however, Wonwoo did notice Joshua steal a few timid glances of Jeonghan as he ate. It reminded Wonwoo of the time he used to spend with Mingyu before they were dating- the shy stares and prominent butterflies. It was clear Joshua was catching feelings for the boy beside him, Wonwoo just hoped that Jeonghan felt the same way too.

"Should we head home." Mingyu said once they had finished their food.

Wonwoo nodded. He couldn't wait to flop onto Mingyu's bed and fall asleep. It had been a long day. Mingyu drove him to the other side of town though and the anticipation faded.

"Is it alright if I come and sleep at yours? I miss your apartment."

"Oh. Sure."

"And even though I only said we could do this if we won the game, I'll make you some nice hot chocolate anyway. We should build a pillow fort to sleep in too, you're beds too small. And if you want we can read that book I bought you."

People say describing exactly why you love someone is impossible, it's like explaining what water tastes like. For Wonwoo that's not true. He loves Mingyu because he's understanding and does everything he can to make him happy. He felt cared for and appreciated because of him. He wasn't an outcast or a loner and nor was he strange or a burden. To Mingyu, Wonwoo was a gift, a jewel, something that deserved to be treasured and so he treated him like that and that was all Wonwoo had ever wanted. And as Wonwoo unlocked the door of his aging apartment with Mingyu's arms around his waist and stomach against his back he felt that feeling more than ever. It tingled under every inch of his skin like sweet roses blossoming in his veins. His actions were almost automatic after than; turning his head so he could capture Mingyu's lips in a polaroid kiss. Spinning the rest of his body around and wrapping his arms around Mingyu's neck was almost second nature and running a hand into his hair was practically a reflex reaction.

The two stood in the doorway as one. Intertwined, chest against chest and heart against heart. Their lips fit perfectly in one anothers and their heartbeats drummed in sync because they were made for eachother and nothing in the world could ever break that bond, or so they thought.

Mingyu wrote in his little red notebook that night as Wonwoo sat beside him reading a book and sipping on his hot chocolate. It had become routine to Mingyu now and he seemed to take the notebook everywhere he went. Wonwoo was still forbidden to read it though.

"It's not ready." Mingyu would say whenever Wonwoo tried to sneak a peak. "Just wait a little longer."

The pillow fort they built afterwards was immense. Bunting and fairylights brought festive life to the colourful sheets that hung gracefully all across Wonwoo's living room. It was almost twice the size as their first one and definitely double the amount of comfiness. The two chatted for what seemed like hours, it must have been 5am by the time they finally drifted off. They spoke about nothing in particular and just said what was on their mind. Both of them were comfortable enough to share every secret and every fear letting the other in on their darkest troubles and most uncertain worries.