But Loving is Harder

Wednesday was a breeze, Thursday was even easier, but Friday was living hell. Wonwoo went to work only to realise he had forgot his folder with all his homework and had to travel back home again to pick it up. He then ran out of spare change in his wallet and couldn't pay for a taxi there again and ended up walking. He arrived over an hour late and Seohyun was definitely not happy. Then to make things harder his computer shut down and all his work was lost. Serves him right for not saving it as he went along.

By lunch time he was exhausted and ready to go home but since he arrived late he had to stay behind another hour to catch up on the work he missed. Every second of the day, however, he spent with Mingyu on his mind. They were finally going to see eachother again tomorrow after days of being apart and Wonwoo couldn't wait.

Once he finally signed out and left the building Wonwoo felt very relieved. He sighed before beginning his long walk home as the sun set. About a mile away from his apartment he came to some traffic lights on red, his head was fuzzy and he was completely exhausted and failed to noticed the man walking towards him who he accidently slammed into when crossing the road.

"Hey! Watch it!" He yelled but Wonwoo didn't hear. Unfortunately the stranger wasn't the sort to brush something like this under the mat and he grabbed Wonwoo's arm stopping him from reaching the curb. "Aren't you gonna apologise?" He scowled.

Wonwoo stared at him blankly before trying to get away but the man's grip was too tight on his arm. It hurt and he was scared.

"Don't ignore me, you asshole. Learn some respect!"

Wonwoo could only see the angry pedestrians lips moving and the spit that flew from them as he complained. He felt his throat tighten and his stomach churn with anxiety. By this time the traffic lights had turned back to green and cars were honking their horns furiously trying to get past the two men in the middle of the road. Wonwoo was panicking. What did the stranger want and why wasn't he letting him go?

"Please let me go, sir." He asked, scared and worried.

"Stupid kids." Huffed the man before dropping Wonwoo's arm and storming away.

Wonwoo bolted after that, away from the traffic lights and grumpy pedestrians and straight home. What happened made Wonwoo remember why he hated going outside. Everything about it was terrifying and confusing and Wonwoo didn't want to experience it again.

He was now missing Mingyu more than ever and wanted nothing more than to curl up with him with a warm drink and bowl of popcorn. He thought, surely Mingyu wouldn't mind if he went over a day early, so that's exactly what he did. After a quick visit to the corner shop where he bought a new DVD and got some money from his card he took a taxi across town to his boyfriends apartment. He didn't call Mingyu in advance hoping that he would be pleasantly surprised if he turned up on his doorstep out of the blue.

Wonwoo took the elevator because no way was he going to climb several flights of stairs late on a friday night. He wasn't about that life.

Mingyu's apartment door was slightly open so he let himself in. A muffled voice from the other room greeted him when he entered; Mingyu must have a friend over. He couldn't hear who he was talking to though, maybe it was Jihoon or Jeonghan or someone else from the group chat, Wonwoo hadn't seen them in a while and missed them so he followed Mingyu's voice to his bedroom down the hall. A mischevious idea came to mind and Wonwoo planned to creep up on Mingyu to make him jump. Then he would hold him close and tell him how much he had missed him and that he never wanted them  to be apart again. Wonwoo loved Mingyu with all his heart. To him he was a miracle, the light of his life and the sweetest boy alive.

He grew excited as he neared Mingyu's bedroom door, stepping lightly as he did so he wouldn't make a sound. He pushed on the door slightly, hoping it didn't creak and saw Mingyu's back through the crack. He grinned. There he was; the person he loved. A bubbly sensation filled his stomach and his heart beat faster. He was happier than he had been all week and he hadn't even said hello yet.