Chapter 17| It's Called Science, I Think

"Would you stop smiling?" I look up at the overly happy idiot standing next to me.

"No."

"You're way too happy, it makes me sick."

"Well its good to know my own girlfriend doesn't like me being happy."

"I never said I don't like you being happy. I said seeing you so smilie and happy makes me sick." I say in a 'duh' tone. He rolls his eyes but doesn't reply. We were waiting for practice to start and Blake wouldn't stop smiling.

"Kay?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you." He stares at me still smiling."

"I don't blame you." I smile up at him.

He glares at me. "I take it back."

"I love you." I kiss his cheek.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes and I just laugh.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Liam calls from the field. "Come on! Practice is starting!" Blake and I both get up and walk over to where everyone else is.

Father soon walks over and starts speaking.

"So today we are," I tune him out after that. "So get into groups of two."

What?

"You're my partner." Is whispered in my ear.

Well, that's not creepy at all.

Sarcasm.

Oh! It was Blake. Ok. I thought it was some stalker. Crisis averted.

"Coolio." I reply. He rolls his eyes and pulls me to one part of the field, picking up a football of the way.

"What are we doing?"

"Tossing the ball back and forth."

"Kk."

We do this for about thirty minutes until Father calls us over. I jump on
Blake's back.

"Why?" He asks.

"I don't wanna walk. Now mush." I point forward. He walks over to where everyone else is.

"Took ya long enough." Nathan says.

"Shut up. I was carrying another hundred pounds on my back." Blake smacks Nathan on the shoulder before putting his hand back on my under thigh so I don't fall off.

"Actually she weighs ninety pounds." Kyle butts in.

"How!?" They all scream.

"It's called science." I say. "I think. I don't know. I suck at science."

"Why are you on his back?" Dad asks.

"I'm lazy and didn't wanna walk."

"Whatever. So, children. Since I'm old, tired and sick of children, you may all go home. Goodbye."