Chapter 22| Prom Pictures with the Fish

Hehe it's the last chapter. I'll miss seeing everyone read the chapter and not comment. No really I love it. Fr tho I love and appreciate everyone, even the silent readers. Enjoy!!

***

"Girl, I need help getting this thing on," Casey calls from my bedroom. I walk out of the bathroom to see her struggling to get her dress zipped. I walk up behind her and zip the dress up the rest of the way.

"Thanks babe." She fluffs her hair before looking in the mirror.

I give her a very dramatic once over, "You look incredible."

"Thank you," She smiles, "Lets get your hair all did." We were going to go to a salon to get our hair and makeup done but turns out that's expensive and we're poor.

We walk into my bathroom and I pull up the reference picture that I had saved on my phone. It's prom night, although you probably gathered that by now. Casey's completely ready, other than her shoes, but those will be worn for as little time as possible. I'm ready, minus my hair and shoes. Casey did both of our makeup, while I did her hair. I know it's crazy, I actually contributed to something. I think I did pretty good too, she said she liked it. It wasn't super fancy, its a half up, half down style. Its curled and chunks from the front are pulled back and twisted together. Her eye makeup is dark and sparkly, that's probably a bad description but its pretty, I promise. She has on fake lashes and a simple nude lipstick. She looks beautiful.

"Do you like it?" Casey's voice snaps me back to the present. My hair is in a low bun, with pieces of hair coming out and curled slightly.

"Its beautiful, thank you so much, Cas." I smile at her as I get up. She smiles back and we go back to my room to get our shoes. After getting our shoes on and grabbing our phones, we go over to the full length mirror in the corner of my room.

"We look hot." I say, looking each of us over in the mirror. Casey laughs, opening Snapchat on her phone and getting ready to take a mirror picture of the two of us. She takes the picture and we each examine it before she says she'll post it later. That way everyone has to see us for the first time at the dance.

We do both look good. Casey's dress is a mauve, pink color. That's the best I have to describe the color. It's off the shoulder, with a tight top, flowy bottom and a slip up the leg. It fits her beautifully. Her shoes are slightly sparkly, silver heels.

My makeup was neutral, with some tan-ish, brown eyeshadow, simple eyeliner and false lashes with a plain nude lip

My makeup was neutral, with some tan-ish, brown eyeshadow, simple eyeliner and false lashes with a plain nude lip. Still way more makeup than I usually wear, but not super out of my comfort zone. My dress is a baby blue with floral embroidery on the top and a little past the waist. My dress has a slit up the leg. It's gorgeous. My shoes are simple nude heels. I know I've said nude alone, I'm bad at explaining things.

 I know I've said nude alone, I'm bad at explaining things