Chapter 22✨

Zena p.o.v

"Bye Marcus I promise I'll call you tonight." I said kissing him on his lips.

"Alright I'll pick you up tomorrow around 7:20 so be ready." He said while I grabbed my stuff getting out the car.

"Okay I'll be ready." I said. Walking up the driveway I looked to see if I saw my dad car which I did I was so happy.

Opening the front door I did my usual greeting.

"Old Man my wonderful Old Man." I called out I heard him suck his teeth which made me giggle.

"I done told your ass about calling me that come here and give me a hug." He said pulling me in his arms. I gave him a hug back.

"Dad all that cursing has to stop I should start my swearing jar again I use to make bank off that and it was just us." I said and we laughed at the memory.

"Whatever you won't get any money out of me this time." He said.

"Zena go to your room and put your bookbag up and let's go so I can take you out." My Dad said which made me excited until Nadia had to something.

"Um no Zion I would like for her to stay here." Nadia said me and my dad mugged her.

"Nadia please don't start I have the right to take my child out. Remember I'm the one who raised her." He said throwing alil shade.

"Well she's in my custody be lucky you even get to see her." Nadia said.

"Please she'll be in your custody for what like four more days? Stop acting like your the parent of the year. Your so spiteful it's not even funny. You should be ashamed of yourself." My dad said and it just started a whole shouting match.

I just lean against the wall and shook my head my parents are... I don't know but my dad had every right to be upset.

"You know what Zion get the fuck out and if you come back I'm calling the cops." Nadia said to my Dad.

"Man whatever Nadia your dramatic ass." Dad said.

"I'm dead ass serious I'm dialing the number now think I'm playing." Nadia said with her phone in her hand.

"Come her Zena give me a hug so I can leave this damn ugly raggedy ass house if you was gonna leave me at least get your coins up." Dad said which made me laugh. Walking up to him I gave him a tight hug.

"I don't want you to leave." I said sad.

"You'll be good since ya momma don't want me here no more just come to my house tomorrow okay." He said. I nodded my head.

I walk him to his car and told him bye while watching him.

Walking back into the house I sighed.

My Mother was still standing there I looked at her for a long while till she ask me what.

"Nothing I think it's best if I just get ready for bed early." I said.

"What? It's 4 going 5 isn't that early I haven't even started on dinner yet." She said.

"That's okay I'm not hungry I'm just patiently waiting for Tuesday." I said.

"Are you serious Zena? Do you hate me that bad that you have to sleep and wait around till you turn 18 so you can leave?" She asked sadly.

I was gonna say what really was on my heart but I decided not to cause that lead to a huge argument.

Walking towards the hallway I heard her calling out to me.

"No No fuck that Zena. Come back here we need to resolve this shit now sit your ass on the couch." She said. Rolling my eyes I sat on the couch.

"I don't understand why we have to resolve any issues that bridge burnt down a long time ago." I said because I truly dont understand.

"Why?" She asked I just shook my head.

"Why? Why What? Why you took me away from my father? Why you broke my rib and puncture my lung? Why did you leave me and my dad? Why did you come back? Why do you always find ways to argue with my dad? When you can answer my questions I'll answer yours." I said I was honestly done with this convo. I just wanted to go in my room before Raymond and Tyla get back from wherever they at.

"Zena I'm so done with this back and forth it's tiresome at this point." Nadia said. Seeing that we on the same page I got up and walk into my temporary room.

Grabbing clothes for bed tonight I heard the front door open and rolled my eyes. Grabbing my phone and looking at my battery percentage it was at 42 so I put my phone on the charger.

I heard mumbling outside my room door and did a silent pray hoping nobody comes in my room because I don't have the patience.

Hearing a knock on the door before I could say anything the door knob twisted and was pushed opening. Thank good I don't get undress in here. Looking at the person I thanked good again.

"Um is there a reason why you're in my room?" I asked Raymond who was leaning on my doorway.

"You know you shouldn't give your Mother a hard time she's in the living room crying saying you hate her."He said.

"Okay." I said. I didn't know what he wanted me to say I just want to live the rest of my days here until I can to leave.

"Zena you have to understand your Mothers stand point on things. She know she made a mistake by leaving but at the end of the day you have to respect her." He said walking into the room.

"Okay thank you for the words I really will take that into consideration  but I have to go take a shower. So I'll need you to leave." I said grabbing my clothes about to walk out the room I felt a hand grabbed my arm.

Looking at Raymond he had a look in his eyes.

"I really do hope you do take my words into consideration because its always consequences for some of the things you do." He said. For some who? Cause it's not me.

"I going to need for you to get your damn hands off me before I get my dad to beat your ass again." I said yanking away from him.

Heyyyyyyy yalllllll. Today is Valentine's Day when I type this so I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day. Comment, Enjoy, and Vote. Peace ✌✌