[Chapter 11]

The room went silent as Seokjin sat between Namjoon and Jungkook. The oldest of the group lowered his head, fiddling with his fingers. He couldn't look at anyone, and he could feel the anxious feeling crawling under his skin. Biting his lips, he was trying to endure it.

"Seokjin-ah."

Here it is, he thought. Sejin's calm voice made a shiver ran down his spine.

"Why did you let Jimin and Hoseok leave you alone?"

Seokjin shut his eyes tightly and gulped. Sweat trickled down his temples, and he could feel a soft fabric of someone's sleeve wiped it.

The tension in the air was so thick. There wasn't any sounds at all besides the heavy breathing of Seokjin, the clock ticking, and random noise from the electronic devices. He was sure that the others could hear his quick and loud heartbeat too.

"I-I...uh...," Seokjin tried to find the right words, "I-I didn't want to...to hold Hoseok back because...uh...he found a new lyrics and...wanted to show it to Namjoon and Yoongi...and...uh...Jimin was worried about Yoongi...he wanted to...uh...check him if he has eaten something for lunch."

A long sigh from both of their manager could be heard, and Seokjin muttered a small, "I'm sorry."

Hobeom and Sejin couldn't be mad at the younger. They knew how Seokjin is. The eldest of the group would always put his members as his number one priority, no matter what situation he was in.

"But why hyung?" Seokjin looked at Jimin who just asked him, "why did you hide it all from us? First, the incident, second, your depression, and now, the bad news and the hate. Why, hyung? Don't you believe in us anymore?"

Seokjin shook his head at the question that was changing the topic so suddenly, fiddling with his hands in nervousness, head lowered to avoid the other's gaze.

"I-I just...I don't want to be a burden," Seokjin finally let it out after feeling the others gaze burning on him, "so I keep it all to my self."

The others went silent as Seokjin continue, "I am failing everything. I can't write or produce any songs, I didn't get enough line at our songs, I'm the worst dancer and singer in the group, and always held you guys from walking forward. I didn't want to burden you guys any further."

The room went silents again, as the others felt like a criminal because they failed. They failed to make their hyung feel important, they failed to make his hyung realise how precious he is, how they need him not just as a partner, a singer or a dancer, but as a friend who will always play around with them, a big brother who will always take a really good care of them, the oldest member of their second family who will always be there for them. They failed to make him understand that they will always with him no matter what too, listen to all of his problems, help him with his hardship, and take a really good care of him. They failed to make his hyung trust them, and if they can't make their hyung feel better and loved, they will never forgive themselves.

"How about-" Taehyung stopped mid sentence, made the others looked at him.

He didn't know from where he got a courage to say those words out loud, but there was no turning back when Namjoon asked, "what is it, Tae?"

"How about...we...tell the fans that the news was true?" Taehyung continued, and stopped to see the others' reaction.

"Proceed," Namjoon told him.

"How about we tell them? We tell them Seokjin's real condition, and ask our fans to protect him from the haters too. You know how powerful they are, and I know that our real fans will understand it and protect Seokjin hyung. Besides, if we hide the truth, how long are we going to hide it? They will know the truth sooner or later, so why don't we tell them now, clarify everything with our own mouth to avoid any misunderstanding and not leaving then confused," Taehyung told them, hands flailing everywhere.