Fourteen

"I'm going to get fat." Aspen shook her head eating her fried chicken. "Every time I'm with you you feed me."

"You know what I like feeding you?" 

"Why?" 

"Every time you eat, you do this lil dumb ass dance." He chuckled making her laugh.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do, you be moving ya shoulders and shit." Darius laughed.

"Seriously? I don't even notice." She shook her head. "I want you to come to my mom and dad wedding."

"I thought they were married already."

"Their renewing their vows and I want you to come so you can finally meet everyone I love." 

"Okay." He nodded nervously. "When?" 

"March 30th."

"So three weeks or so?" He asked as she nodded. "Okay, I could do that."

"You have to dress up but you don't necessarily have to wear a tux."

"I got this, I got this." He dusted off his shoulder making her chuckle.

"Okay big fella." She held up her hands in surrender. 

"I have something to show you." He smiled walking to his room while she looked curiously until he came back with a bunch of papers in his hand. 

"What's this?" She asked with her eyebrows furrowed as he handed her the papers.

"Remember how we were talking about me dropping out of school and I always wanted to finish but never had time?" He asked making her nod. "I signed up for some GED classes."

"I'm so proud of you." Aspen jumped on him catching him off guard as he chuckled holding her up.

"I wouldn't of never did the shit without you for real Aspen, you a real one." He told her smiling. 

"Stop before you make me cry." She told him seriously. 

"You'll really cry over anything." He shook his head. "But I was never thinking bout finishing school until I met you."

"Aren't you glad you stopped somebody else from shooting their shot at the gas station?" Aspen smiled wrapping her arms around his neck bringing their face closer.

"You know that nigga never had a shot." He looked at her blankly making her laugh as she connected their lips.

"You never know." She mumbled against his lips.

"Oh, he did?" He raised a eyebrow. "I'm seriously glad I met you though, these three months been life changing. I just can't wait until we have more days in the future, if everything going like this." 

"I am too, you've been my light to many dark situations lately and it's a breath of fresh air around you. Don't mess this up, okay? Because my heart can't take any more losses right now." She rubbed his face looking into his eyes. 

"I don't plan on messing it up." He kissed her as she put her tongue in his mouth until he pulled back. "I love you."

Aspen stopped for a minute not thinking she heard right, her eyes went wide while looking at him. He was feeling a self conscious, he ain't wanna move too fast but he couldn't help what he was feeling. He never met a female as real as her or as caring and he honestly loved her.

"You don't gotta say it back, I'm not fronting on it but I do love you and jus-"

"I love you too." She cut him off. She wasn't just saying it because he said it, she meant it. She knew she was pass liking him, this feeling was stronger. This was a feeling she only ever had for Jamie so she knew it was love, she loved Darius.