Twenty One

"Aspen, they calling names if you don't hang up on me." Jamie chuckled.

"No, I want you to be on the phone when they call my name." 

"Aren't you already on stage? How the fuck you on the phone?" 

"Jameston Tucker." Dawson called out. 

"He just called my name?" Jamie furrowed his eyebrows.

"Due to Jameston absence, we're going to allow his brothers to accept his diploma." Dawson smiled as Jahsya, Dell and KC stood up walking to the stage. 

"Aspen, you fucking lying!" Jamie yelled getting some of his cellmates attention.

"Aye, this ain't even my school I don't even know y'all but make some noise for my fucking brother! Jamie you fucking did it bro!" Dell yelled snatching the mic from the vice principal. 

"Free the gang!" Jahsya yelled throwing up a gang sign as everybody stood up cheering.

"They so ghetto." India laughed.

"I hate them." Lay laughed recording. 

"Oh while we at it check out KillaClothes in stores now on Peachtree in Atlanta." KC added making Dawson look at him while they all laughed.

"No he didn't!" Nay yelled. "I'm the fuck through." 

"My nigga graduated!" Gee yelled as all the cellmates started yelling running towards him until the correctional officers told them to stop. 

"This why ya big dumb ass got hit with a tray, always got something to say my nigga a graduate, we could celebrate. Fuck outta here George." Gee glared at him. 

"Nigga you hit him with the tray." Jamie cellmate, Spazz, said making them laugh.

"I'm proud of you." Aspen smiled as Jamie was just silent.

"Man, I fucked up." He scratched his head looking around the jail, this not where he belong.

"It's okay baby, you'll be out in three weeks then we can have another graduation."

"That's not even true, as soon as I get out, I gotta shoot a music video then we on tour for the rest of the summer." He sighed.

"Jamie, I know this not where you wanted to be but this doesn't define you. You there now but that's not where you gon be forever, your mistakes doesn't define anything. This is your future and your life, don't let this effect you."

"You right, shit just annoying but I ain't tryna talk bout that no mo, this ya graduation day, you not-"

"It's our graduation day." Aspen corrected.

"Aight well, ours and you not bout to be depressed and shit on ya day. I'll call you tomorrow since y'all having a graduation party tonight."

"Jamie." She frowned. "Stop."

"Stop thinking bout everybody else for a minute and celebrate you, I love you baby girl, congratulations." 

"Congratulations to you too, I love you more." She said as it hung up.

She listened to them call names, since she was valedictorian and salutatorian all together she was going to be the last one called. They had a whole five minute video played just for her because she was the reason the school have so many activities and programs.

"Congratulations to my beautiful niece Aspen Aviana Walker!" Dawson yelled as she got up smiling, she shook everybody hand on stage then stood at the podium.