Eighteen

"Good morning." Aspen rolled over smiling but Darius wasn't.

"Good morning."

"Why do you seem upset?"

"We just gotta talk, get dress so we could meet with CiCi and Smiley."

"Why do we have to talk in front of them?"

"Because it'll be better to say what I have to say in public."

"I'm kind of scared right now."

"It's nothing bad unless you overthink it."

"I guess I'll just get dress." Aspen mumbled not wanting any bad news she was happy.

She took a quick ten minute shower then got dress in some sweats and a hoodie without anything under. She let him know she was ready then they got into his rented car driving to the Waffle House to meet CiCi and Smiley. After ten minutes they pulled into the parking lot, she got out seeing CiCi and Smiley through the window.

"Hi." Aspen greeted them sitting in the chair next to CiCi. 

"Hey best friend." CiCi smiled kissing her on her cheek. 

A waitress came over to take their orders as they all ordered what they wanted, it was awkward to say the least. Aspen didn't know what he had to say and Darius really wished he didn't have to say anything, he wished they met under different circumstances.

"So, did y'all like the wedding?" Aspen asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I need to crash some more rich people weddings. You know ya mother put watches in the gift bags?" Smiley asked. "My family don't even get good candy for candy bags when we have parties."

"Seriously?" Aspen chuckled eating her chicken salad. "I didn't even know she had gift bags, their always wasting money."

"It's a rich people thing, must be nice."

"It's not a rich people things, it's a Josiah and Ivory thing because I'm rich and I am not spending money on stupid things."

"How you get rich?"

"I'm an scientist." Aspen smiled.

"Not yet." CiCi corrected. 

"Well once I graduate I will be so I basically am one."

"Yeah, I like that. You don't hear about black scientist." Smiley nodded.

"You don't hear about female scientist either."

"Anyways." CiCi stated wanting the attention off Aspen.

"This bitch." Smiley mumbled eating his eggs. 

"Why're you so quiet?" Aspen asked. "You're never quiet."

"I'm just thinking."

"About what?" 

"How Imma tell you this."

"It's that bad?"

"Some people may see it as bad but I'm hoping it's not."

"Did you cheat on me?" 

"Like you cheated on me yesterday? Nah."

"I apologized for that."

"I accepted your apology."

"So why are you bringing it up?"

"Just cause I accepted your apology don't mean I'm over it."