24|Spring Festival

6 months later | Ninjago City |

I was still in my room getting ready and putting on my outfit for the Spring Festival.

It was a beautiful purple kimono that I had bought ever since I started living in Ninjago with the other Ninja.

Lloyd had asked me to go to the Spring Festival before we fought the Overlord and won.

It was really awkward a few days ago when Cole tried asking me and I said no. Hopefully I didn't hurt his feelings.

I'm pretty sure everyone is going. Not just the Ninja but Garmadon, Misako, Nya, and Sensei too.

I finished getting ready before I heard a knock at the door.

Standing there was Lloyd smiling.

LLOYD: "Ready to go? I think they all might be waiting for us." *chuckles*

LUCY: "Yeah! Let's go!" *I grab his hand as we leave*

...

Everyone was waiting for us by the bridge as we approached hand in hand.

NYA: "Awe! You guys look so cute!" *gushes next to Jay who's giving a thumbs up*

ZANE: "You two really make a good couple."

COLE: "Ok, can we just please enjoy the festivities?" *sighs*

KAI: "Don't have to tell me twice!" *runs across the bridge*

"JAY: "Hey! Don't go eating up all the food!" *runs after him*

GARMADON: "Have a good time son! You too Lucy!" *walks by smiling while holding Misako's hand*

SENSEI: "Today is a day of celebration! Enjoy yourselves!" *shouts*

We all ran off in different directions of the city.

Lloyd and I were walking through one of the botanical gardens that were just full of Sakura trees. We were looking for a spot to sit.

There was a lot of picnic blankets and set ups to choose from. The smell of various foods was in the air.

JAY: "Lloyd! Lucy! Come sit by us!" *waves over with Nya*

Lloyd and I walk over hand in hand as we sat on the picnic blanket that had sake already prepared.

LUCY: *smells the air* "It smells like barbecue!"

LLOYD: "You like barbecue Lucy?"

LUCY: "Yes! I haven't had it in so long!"

LUCY: *looks away sadly* "There wasn't really any good food on the Island of Darkness...."

LLOYD: *smiles softly and holds her hand* "Let's not think about that right now...you're here with us, so let's have fun."

LUCY: *smiles back and blushes* "You're right."

NYA: "It's so beautiful you guys!" *stares in awe*

We all looked around to see the cherry blossom trees that were in full bloom. It was beautiful.

KAI: "There you guys are! You all enjoying everything so far?" *walks up with Zane with a huge plate of BBQ in hand*

JAY: "Hell yeah we are! This is definitely well deserved!"

LUCY: "Hey, guys! Where's Cole?" *asks*

ZANE: "I believe he's still somewhere downtown?"

KAI: *sets the BBQ down for all of us* "Yeah! He cooked this for us. I think he's cooking for all of Ninjago!"

NYA: "Really? That's nice of him!"

Lucy kinda felt a bit guilty...hopefully he wasn't upset with her. She didn't want him distancing himself from everyone because of her.

LLOYD: *holds her hand* "Hey...it's okay. Cole likes cooking for people, he'll probably join us soon."

LUCY: *smiles* "Yeah you're right."

JAY: "Enough talk! Let's dig in!"