4. Bygones

Kathrine had fed Jeremy's blood to Silas and in that process, he died. Elena had turned her humanity off. But what remaining, was a pissed off hybrid.

Klaus came to Boarding House after released from the Gilbert residence. He entered, poured a drink and settled in couch.

Damon- what are you doing here?
Klaus- just visiting, mate.
Damon- I don't remember invinting you.
Jake- I remember inviting him.
Damon- woah, what is he doing here, baby brother?

Jake- he's my bestie.
Damon- you knew all these things happening here till today? Jake- oh I do. Actually, I planned it with Kathrine, for using Elena in the ritual. I wanted her dead. I still do, just you're in love and all. I can't bring myself to hurt her. She should thank you. Damon- why would you do that? Jake- the same reason Stefan forced you to complete the transition. I already had this talk with Stefan the night I came back.

Damon- do it with me.
Jake- I will do that but, you're so judgy now.
Damon- I won't judge, tell me. Jake- I hate her because she's another Kathrine.
Damon- which she isn't.
Jake- I thought of handing Kathrine to Klaus, even she would have died. She caused all this after all. But you jackass, saved her and I lost my mind for a while. As I said you never learn any lessons. And I still wish she die.

Damon- you know Klaus was gonna kill us all.
Klaus- I wouldn't do that.
Damon- why? You ate a candy and changed your mind? Wonderful, magical candy.
Jake- Stefan was his best friend Damon, who would do that to a best friend and Nik knew Stefan and I, we both love you.

Nik- and I don't hurt my friends. Damon- what about those bloody three months?
Nik- I needed him and I had him. But it wouldn't have happened if he ...
Jake- he tried to save Damon, so it wasn't Damon's fault, I would have done the same and you would have done the same.

Nik- I don't wanna talk about that.
Jake- fine.
Stefan- (entered) I'm home.
Jake- Nik, you wanted to say something to Stefan.
Stefan looked at Jake and he nodded in agreement.

Nik- um... you know how it goes. I'm sorry to force you to do that. I wanted more army because I didn't wanted to be alone.
Stefan - I understand.
Jake- and he mean it.
Nik- I apologized to you and it wasn't because Jake told me, I really am sorry, and you won't hear it again, ever.

Stefan- (smiled) I know. I'm sorry too, for kidnapping your family. I didn't wanted to hurt you, may be I did wanted to hurt you, just I wanted you to feel the pain that I felt those months.
Jake- so, bygones boys?
Stefan- bygones.
Klaus- bygones.

Jake- I will prefer a hug from 20s. Stefan- (groaned) we were drunk.
Klaus- come on, I won't even hug, ever again.
He pulled both in hug.
Jake- I love you both man.

Damon- I'm right here.
Klaus- we know Damon.
Jake- we know Damon, so what we're suppose to do about that? Damon- oh screw you.
Klaus- he's just jealous.
Damon- I'm not jealous.

Klaus- then get off that expression of your face.
Stefan- I heard you're leaving Klaus.
Klaus- I am but, I just have some issues in New Orleans. I've to handle them. I'm going with Jake there.

Jake- I'll be back in few days, almost a week.
Stefan- but you are coming back, right?
Jake- I promised you.
Klaus- he will be here soon. Jake- you were leaving anyway, Stefan. So, why don't you meet me after deciding a place?
Stefan- we'll see.

Klaus was leaving now.
Stefan- bye, Klaus.
Klaus- Nik.
Stefan- bye Nik.
Jake- we'll talk later, Nik.
He left.

Brothers jumped on couch. Damon- so you just found a substitute big brother I guess. Jake- well, he is like a brother to me, and may be to Stefan, as they were like brothers in the past. He was with Stefan when he was alone.

Stefan- you were there too, Jake. Jake- but he was also there and trust me, no one can take your place, Damon.
Stefan- he's right, we're just friends.
Damon- so how did sudden change of heart happened with hybrid?
Jake- he was good, to his friends. But he never hated Stefan, or you. and I was in this because I just wanted Elena dead, sorry to say this to both of you, don't try to judge. I'll hate her untill the end. What I feel bad about her is that, she lost her brother. I will break my promise too if I lose any of my brother and, (he looked at Stefan) Terror, I love the idea about you.

Damon- what idea?
Stefan- I'm going to school, bye. He glanced at Jake and left. Damon- what idea?
Jake- you don't wanna know that. Damon- fine, Jake, tell me his idea.
Jake- you can't tell me what to do, and as I told u, u lost your rights.
Damon- fine, don't tell me and go to hell, both of you.
Damon turned and left.

This story is not anti-damon. I love Damon. We all do. So, keep patience and this story is all about the brothers and their bond through out the journey.

React and comment.