7. Nostalgia

Flashback

Damon eyes filled with rage. Nanny was behind a tree with someone. He would notice that first, obviously.

Stefan- havent acknowledged him yet.
Damon- Stefan.
His voice was cold. Stefan turned to a see very furious Damon. Stefan- (stammered) Dee. Damon- you are 7, now. Grow up and get up, and let's go in, now.

Stefan- (whined) but I want to play Damon.
Damon- (ordered) Stefan, in now, and wait in the kitchen. 
Stefan left silently. 
Damon- (yelled) Linda, Linda… She came from behind the trees. Linda- yes sir?

Damon- it's been just an year you are working for us, you want to go back home?
Linda- no sir.
Damon- where’s Jake?
Linda- he left with his friends sir. Damon- get someone on the the chicken and hen duty and clean Stefan up and sent him up to my room. If Jake comes back, then do the same.
Linda- yes sir. I will do that and for Abt the previous act, I beg your pardon.
Damon- I don’t want that to repeat again.
Linda- it won't sir. I’ll do as you said. Little Stefan will be soon in your room.
Damon- (firmly) good.
Damon left.  

Linda entered kitchen. Stefan was sitting on the counter and was eating cookies.
Linda- Stefan, you’re a mess. Stefan- sorry Linda.
Linda- (carried him to clean him up) don’t apologize to me. You have your big brother to deal with. He is so furious.

Stefan- why Damon is always so mad?
Linda- because you Stefan, are a Terror as your other big brother says.
Stefan- (whinned) but father said I’m a good son.

Linda- he’s not home to see your messes.
Stefan- is Damon going to punish me?
Linda- I don’t know. He’s your brother, I don’t think he’ll think bad about you.
Stefan- but he’s as strict as father.

Linda- may be he is chanelling him.
Stefan- what is cha…
Jake- (entered) hi… little brother. Stefan- (happyily) hi brother. Linda- you come here Jake. You need to clean up, now.
Jake- I’m good.

Linda- it's Mr. Salvatore Jr.'s orders.
Jake- (shocked) what he’s back? Linda- yes, few minutes ago.   She cleaned up both and made them wear fresh clothes.

Jake- (scared) I don’t wanna go there Linda.
Stefan- why not Jake?
Jake- you’re a kid Stef, you don’t know, he’ll punish us.
Stefan- but he won't hurt us like father did, will he?

Jake- no, I don’t think so, he loves us more.
Stefan- so is Damon a good father?
Linda- may be one day, but you’re having a good father figure as Damon and Madam Lily loves you all equally. 

Damon was furious. How do they disobeyed him. How did they? He placed the money at a safe place. Their parents will take at least a month to return. That’s what they told.

He sat in a chair near the fire place. He stared at the fire. It was actually his favorite hobby. The door knocked.
Damon- come in.
He commanded. Linda entered holding hands of both boys' hands. Stefan didn’t seemed scared while Jake was staring at ground.

Stefan had a smile plastered on his face.
Stefan- hi Dee… sorry, hi Damon. Damon- thank you very much Linda. You can go. 
Linda- one question sir, what am I suppose to cook for dinner? Damon- I will tell you few minutes later. Leave.
She left.

Damon- (ordered) sit, both of you.
Both obeyed. Stefan was swinging his legs as they settled on the edge of bed and his legs didn’t quite reached to floor like Jake’s did. Well, Damon was too longer than him. 

Damon- Stefan, sit properly. Stefan stopped his actions immediately and sat still. Damon- (pacing across the room with his arms folded on his chest) what did I told you Jake before I left?
Jake remained silent.
Damon- answer me Jake or you want me to order you?
Jake shook his head.