36. Family Issues

Next day, everything was going as they had planned. Stefan talked to Lily about giving Damon some time.

Then, when they were inside... Julian- you have to chose Lily, me or your children.
Lily- I would die instead choosing you Julian and I will you down with me.
She staked herself.
Julian- no, no, Lily. We are not linked. Beau unlinked us. 

Lily- you needed to die Julian. Julian stormed off. 

They laid Lily on the couch. Everyone said goodbye to Lily. Beau, Valerie, Nora. Stefan kneeld down against her.

Stefan- (crying) I am sorry that this happened to you. I didn’t wanted you to die, not then, not now. I am sorry.
Lily- no Stef. You will always be my baby, I have always loved you and your brothers. I shouldn't have done what I did. I am sorry for hurting you and your brothers. I love you, remember that. okay?
Stefan nodded. He moved back.

Jake takes Stefan's place beside her.
Jake- I am happy to know that you know what your faults were. But you didn’t had to do what you did. We missed you a lot. But you ruined that. We loved you mom. 

Lily- I am sorry about what happened to yoj. I wouldn’t have left if I have known that I was going to be a grand mother. I am sorry. I love you too Jake.
Jake smiled and moved back.

Everyone looked at Damon. Stefan- aren't you gonna say something?
Damon- sure. Mom. I loved you a lot. I cried when you died, but I was just 18. Now I am a man, not a sulking bratty teen, which all of these usually are. 

Stefan- hey…
Damon- so, goodbye mother. You were a worst mother when you were alive, and you are more bad when you were dead.  Good bye. 
He left. Lily died. 

--------------------------------------------------

Brothers were searching bars according to locator spell to find Julian. Stefan wanted Julian dead as he killed his mommy dearest. They found a bar, which was looking similar to a haunted house. Julian came into that bar. There was a little band of vampires with him.

Stefan- you really need to die Julian.
Jake- that’s gonna be sooner baby bro.
Damon used a vervain grenade making a small explosion and dragged his brothers out of the bar using his vamp speed.

Jake- what the heck, Dee!
Stefan- we cloud have killed them. It was a small band.
Damon- we do no such things, we go to car and get home.
Jake- why?
Damon- because it's not safe. Discussion is over now. Jake, get in the car.
Jake followed. Damon and Stefan fought and they left Stefan alone.  

Jake and Damon were home, drinking. Julian came. He was about to kill both when Stefan came in. He was fighting right beside his big brothers. In between this, Julian stabbed Stefan. Damon tried to save him and Julian attacked him with pheonix sword.

Jake- (yelled) no!
Stefan- no.
Jake in rage was about to attack Julian before Stefan recovers and got captured in pheonix stone too. Julian left.

Stefan was sobbing over their body. Caroline entered.
Caroline- Stef…
Stefan- Damon told me to let it go. But I ignored him and crossed him, they are stuck in stone, Care.
Caroline- we will get them back.

Stefan- every time for revenge I screw things up.
Nora appeared with Pheonix sward.
Nora- yoj are dead Stefan.
She stabbed Stefan and disappeared.

3 months later.

Stefan was pacing because they were trying to wake his brother's up. Jake gasped and woke up.
Jake- this isn't real. It's fake. 
He was on the floor suddenly holding his head. Stefan didnt waste any time and broke his neck.

Jake wakes up and realized he was tied to rope beside Stefan. Who was tied in a chair next to him.
Jake- this is real?
Stefan- yup.
Jake- and what are you doing here?
Stefan- I was stabbed by Nora the minutes later you were stabbed. I came out couple days ago.

Jake- and the reason we’re here? Stefan- actually, the post hell is worst than hell. I am hallucinating bad things and hurting people. Dee’s still in there.
Jake- what happened with you in stone?
Stefan- you don’t want to know that.
Jake- I do.

Stefan- we all were drowning together. All three of us. Whenever I tried to save both of you, I died.
Jake- then how did you escaped?
Stefan- every time Damon asked to save you, I did as I was told but when I tried to save him, I died and he survived in the process. I was then fed up with that. I was tired, so I didn’t went to save him. But then guilt hit me. I cried a lot being not able to save him. You cried, too. But before I jump back in, I was here. What about you?
Jake- I was in 20s. I saw you as a ripper. I saw you killing Ellie. Stefan looked down ashamed of what he did.

Jake- I didn’t killed you every single time. But finally I gave in and ripped your heart out.
Stefan- I am sorry.
Jake- don’t be. It wasn’t your fault. I cried a lot, too. What you hallucinate actually?
Stefan- Silas. 

Next day, Damon was roped next to them. They told him about their hell. Stefan was too weak and was asleep in chair.
Damon- so what are you hallucinating Jake?
Jake- Ellie. She taunts me about not saving her and for loving Stefan more than her.

Damon- so you really loved us more than you ever did to her.
Jake- I know Stefan would never hurt me for killing his love. You know who he will always choose. You know he will always love us Damon, don’t you?
Damon- I do.  

Trio was in grill. The town was full of vampires now. Damon killed Elena. Younger Salvatores finds out about it and then Damon had fled. 

Jake- aren't you worried about big bro?
Stefan- was that suppose to be a question?
Jake- sorry. 
Stefan was literally mad at Julian for ruining Damon's life. He killed him teaming up with Valerie. 

One night they were helping Caroline for her C-section. Doctors were helping them. That day, Stefan was royally pissed that Damon killed Elena.

Bonnie- you both need to help him while he’s trying to save you all. 
Stefan- he thinks he can save himself from everyone.
Bonnie- I don’t know what he did to make you mad but he’s trying so hard to get you back. You need to help him.

Jake- let's go stef.
They ran outside and saw the huntress Rayna fighting their brother. Jake kicked Rayna but she staked him in the gut. He got to his knees. She was about to stab Damon with Pheonix sword, when Stefan came in between them and was stabbed and he immediately pushed her to opposite wall.

Damon was already on his knees. Jake- no!
Damon- Stef…

Stefan- good bye brothers. I love you both.
He vamped out of the building. Rayna left behind him. 

Jake- what happened Damon?
Damon- Enzo asked for the sword and Bon had it. When we went over to give him, Rayna had him vampnapped. Then she was on her way to here and I followed. She looks like Elena. I was little moonstruck with that.

Jake- he’s marked. He will die.
Damon- hey! hey! We won't let that happen.
Jake- we can't stop her Damon. We can't. 

Jake and Damon were glaring Enzo.
Damon- I should kill you Enzo.
Enzo- no won't. I didn’t had any choice Damon. She threatened me to be marked. I am sorry.

Damon- now I am stuck here and my little brother saved my ass and is in trouble again. 
Enzo- you won't kill me if I tell you Elena is alive.
He told the truth about Elena being alive. Jake’s phone rings.

Jake- hey kiddo. You okay? Don’t worry.
Damon snatched the phone.
Damon- Stefan. I didn’t killed Elena. She’s safe. I was deluding.
Jake- that is what you need to tell him? No 'we’ll save you' or 'you will be fine?'

Damon- listen. I will bring you back little brother. I promise you. okay. You will be okay. And don’t listen do Jake.
Stefan- stick to your word brother. Jake?
Jake- yes kiddo?
Stefan- if anything happens, you know what to do.
Jake- don’t talk like that. You will be fine Stefan.

Stefan- bye. We will meet someday or never. 
He finishes the call.
Damon- what was he saying?
Jake- he said he wanted to be buried in our property if he dies. He told me about this a decade ago on phone because he was sure that, because of his bipolar personality, someone will surely kill him someday. He was thinking about getting rid of problems and all. Real dramatic.