23. Welcome Back

Next morning. Jake was gone for hunting, well, not animals. It was Stefan's job but for snatch, eat and erase. When he returned he saw Ivy with Caroline.

Jake- who Is she?
Caroline- Stefan's girlfriend whom Enzo killed and then she showed up at Stefan's as a vampire. He handed her to me to babysit.
Jake- where's he?
Caroline- he went to Luke for a day light ring for her.
Jake- I'll talk to him there.

He went college. He found Luke but Stefan had already left. He followed Stefan's scent and overheard Ric warning Stefan and scolding him about giving up and all. He superspeeded out before Stefan see him. He was really upset that day.

Everything was falling apart without Damon. He just needed him. He went to a bar and started to get drunk. When he got really bored, he got a text from Caroline before he leave the bar. She hates stefan. Well, this was new. He gets up and saw the time, it was past midnight. He headed to Salvatore crypt. He walked in.

Jake- yup, I'm here. Talking to my dead family. Anyone but you Damon, because wherever you are, you are not here. I am not doing so great without you brother. Everything is falling apart. Stefan, me, Ric, Care, Elena, we are all messed up within each other and I am seeing worst days of life.

He sipped from his bottle. He angrily got up and throw the bottle at a wall, but it landed in Damon's hand.
Jake- (shocked) Damon?
Damon- yup, in the flesh.
Jake- you were dead?

Damon- I'm gone couple of months and it's a good thing to waste a perfect bottle of bourbon?
Jake- how...
Damon- it's a long story brother, but I'm back.
Jake- you were dead.

Damon- not dead dead Jake, did you really thought that? I'm a dick, not an easy one to get rid of. Jake touched his shoulder. He made sure he was right there and then he pulled him in a hug. Damon stroked his hair.

Damon- yeah.
Jake- you are back and now everything will be fine.
Damon- sure baby brother.
Jake couldn't help but smile to hear that from his mouth.

Damon- speaking of, where is baby?
Jake- we got a little problem with that.
Damon- he snapped?
Jake- no, we did a lot of things to bring you back.
He told everything since Damon dying to Stefan getting scolded by Ric.

Jake- He is on edge and I'm sure he's drinking somewhere. He usually behaves like that. He gets drunk each day, fights in bar, mocking and killing...

Damon- we will handle him together right, like old days?
Jake nodded.

They entered a bar at Whitmore. They saw Stefan laying on a pool table drinking. There was a girl and boy sitting next to table. Older brothers settled on the counter and asked for a drink, overhearing Stefan.

Girl- but we want to play pool. Stefan- I compelled you not to, love.
Boy- she's my girlfriend.
Stefan- I hate girls. They are optimists and they expect a lot. I hate them but it doesn't means I won't make out with them.

Girl- why are you upset?
Stefan- my brother died saving my ass. I gave up on him. I hurt people. I do things behind their back. People things that it is so easy for me to give up. They are insane! Man, he was my brother and may be I love him even more than his own girlfriend. Why would I'll enjoy starting over?

Girl- so what do you want from us?
Stefan- I want nothing, I am freaked and I am just getting bored after getting scolded and threatened by an original.
Boy- what is that?

Stefan- I don't have strength to explain. Can you get me one more bottle please?
Boy- uh... sure.
He left.
Girl- you are crying?
Stefan- no, I am not. Why would i? I am a bad person and I don't care about people, family, I am a selfish vampire.