38. Never Ending Pain

Jake's mind was completely blank. Right now, he was sitting in a bar. He was getting a whole lot drunk. He was babbling about hating Damon and all that crazy stuff. He was gonna turn it off this time according his own promise to himself about turning it off if his any of his brother dies, permanently. He knew he won't be able to survive without any one of them. He walked out. Sun is going to rise in couple hours. He sits on a bench in a town, which he didn't know because all he did was to run and enter the first bar he see. He was ready to turn it off when his phone buzzed. He saw Damon calling and he pressed the red button on his phone.

Next arrived was the text. Damon- BABY BRO ALIVE. CALL ME. PLS.
Jake called Damon.
Jake- if it's wrong, then I swear I will turn it off.
Damon- Nora and Mary Louise used their magic and destroyed the stone and all the souls locked in that thing are released. Where are you?
Jake- in a small town near Nashville.
Damon- we are in Nashville. Come now.

Jake saw Damon's car. It was only a ten minutes run for him as he was running at full speed. Stefan- hi.
Jake- hey.
Stefan- so, Dee. Am I supposed to know him?
Jake- (narrowed his eyes) what's going on?
Damon- (rolled his eyes) I saw him walking on the streets after Valerie lost his body. Then I took him in. He was like really hungry and the firstst complete sentence he said to me was 'do I know you?'

Jake- What the hell!
Damon- worse than that.
Jake- I am sure. Hey listen. You are hungry right?
Stefan- I am. Don't talk to me like I'm five. I'm sure I'm older than that.
Damon- 17. You are 17.
Stefan- not bad. Who are you? Damon- that is your older brother and my baby brother. Stefan- don't tell me I live with two psycho big brothers.

Jake- no you don't. You live with just one of us. Damon loves to live with his nonsense of a girlfriend which we don't give a crap about.
Stefan- cool. Family drama- I like it.
Damon- why don't we get you something to eat?
Jake- right.

They entered a restaurant where Stefan started to feed. He was eating when the Damon's phone rings. Valerie. He was shocked to know the truth.
Jake- what happened?
Damon- when the stone was destroyed, every soul found any dead body in its eyes. It made its residence in that body.

Jake- so this is someone else. Damon- yeah and if Stef is in a human body, then he have very less time according to what happened to Ric's Jo.
Jake- this is disgusting.
Damon- yeah it is. We need baby bro's body. We need the man here.
Jake nodded.

They were going to the Ric's where Ric was staying when the vampire in Stefan's body spoke up.
Stefan- I forgive you for what you did Damon. Now I am remembering everything. But I understand that after whatever happens, you are still my big brother and I love you a whole lot that you can't even imagine.
Jake chuckled.

Damon- oh we know that you are not Stefan buddy. Get over it.
Jake- my brother won't admit it to Damon that he loves him after what Damon did. I know, I didn't.
Damon- get over it Jake.

The vampire named Ambrose was enjoying the body.
Ambrose- I like this body. It's just 17 years old and he is cute.
Jake- gee, thanks. We know he is cute and you on the other hand are not.
Damon- that hair, it needs a lot of maintenance.
Ambrose- sure it does. Well, see you later.
He jumped out of the window.

Jake- What the hell!
Damon- I can't believe this happened.
Jake- now you will have to believe.
Damon- get Valerie to do a locater spell and we will leave for the place where Stef's stuck.

Valerie told them about the bus accident and who was Stefan. He sent Ric and Jake to get the hold of Ambrose or whoever he was. He found Stefan. Stefan confronted him about abandoning him over and over again. He was right and now he have realized that all those times Jake told him that he had always loved his love over his family, than yes, he had done that and now he didn't even have any excuse after hearing Stefan.