16. Cold War

Tyler bit Nadia to lure Kathrine back. They cornered her and then finally Stefan stabbed her with the traveller knife.

Damon was sitting in cellar with a drink provided by Stefan. Jake was also there in a corner, not speaking with either of them. There was a great silence.  Stefan- you still crave for vampire blood?

Damon- I still want to kill you Stefan.
He said with an annoyed tone.

Stefan- I just want to say that, you were right.
Jake- what Damon could be right about? Which is nothing.
Stefan- when I asked him to give Kathrine’s body back to Nadia, he already refused and I kept convincing him about it. It was a bad idea and I am sorry. I just thought, if she’s dying then why not fulfil someone’s dying wish and what could be better than that.

Jake- you are always that naïve Stefan. Always trying to find good in people and always an optimist. Just drop it. Don’t expect from the people, who can't give you what you want. Damon- are you telling me?

Jake- why would I’ll tell you? Damon- it was like you were lecturing me.
Jake- the great Damon Salvatore needed to be lectured? You’re the hero man, doing good for your girlfriend and her friends and go reckless for a useless person.

Damon- what do you want from me?
Stefan- um… I’m going upstairs. Both- no! Stay here.
Damon- you are not going anywhere.

Jake- you will stay here.
Stefan nodded and sit back down on floor as Damon and Jake fought a cold war.
Jake- why will you be stupid because she broke up with you? Damon- because I love her, damn it.

Jake- what about us? You have known her like for five minutes and you are reckless because she broke up. 
Damon- what do you expect me to do?

Jake- if you would have turned it off, then we will have to follow you and beg you to turn it on. But you would have done it if Elena would have just batted her lashes. Tell me if I am wrong. Damon- I don’t lie, no you are not wrong.

Jake- Stefan comes to me if he have a problem, he cries whenever he want. What about me? Do you both even care about me?
Damon- of course we …
Jake- then why you haven't thought about us while you were planning on going on a spree? You just wanted to make Elena suffer for what she did, why making us suffer for your personal problems?

Damon- you both leave me alone and go check on her as you have locked her in college.
Jake- I’m not going to babysit the only person because of whom I’m losing my brother.

Damon- fine, Stefan you go… Jake- you are not leaving this place Stefan.

Damon- (glaring Jake) Stef, go… Jake- don’t you dare leave Stef… Stefan- you both are fighting in her name and Jake, this type of behaviour is making her more stronger over you, so I…

His phone buzzed. He received it as it was Caroline.
Stefan- Care I love you much right now... What?... Good?... Why?... Okay.
He hung up with a smile.
Jake- what is she saying that you are smiling?

Stefan- I’m leaving the fight and I don’t have to do what either of you are saying. That’s the reason I’m smiling. There are two news. Damon- so…
Stefan- good or bad?
Jake- good.
Stefan- Care found out something about brother’s cure.

Damon- good, and bad?
Stefan- I don’t know. She said it is secret and she’ll tell me when I’ll get there.
Jake- why it requires you to get the cure.
Stefan- I said don’t know. Just it's bad that’s all she said. I’ll be back later.

Jake- keep me updating. If your calls goes out of my coverage, I swear I’ll bend…
Stefan- calm down, too possesive. I’ll be fine and Care will be there too. And I’ll keep your threats in mind.
He left with a smile.