Chapter 25

LUCAS

The police found a few paper notes underneath her fathers apartment door, it was Skyalr's hand writing. After knocking on some of the neighbors doors it was clear that Angelo, her dad had not been home in months and was hiding from a group of thugs he owed money from his gambling addiction.

"Where do we find Angelo?" The police asked the next door neighbor , but the drug addict clung to his door almost pushing out the officers.

"I-I don't know, no one has seen him!"

I was growing impatient, "WHERE DOES HE GAMBLE THEN!? YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A PERSON!! TELL US!!" Jason and Connor held me back.

"Sir you need to calm down before-" the officers tried to get us to go back down stairs but I wasn't having it. I pushed through them and grabbed the guy by the collar forcing him out of the apartment and shoving him against the wall.

"OK! OK!" he coughed, I relaxed my grip.

"I'll give you the address, just never come to this building again..." he leaned towards me his breath smelled like a dying corpse, "You don't have much time..."

Outside the building the officers warned our group that we could not continue the search along side them.

"Look, I know you are trying to help but please let us do our job and we promise we will find her." A tall young and confident officer spoke. I wasn't buying it, I couldn't just sit around at wait.

They drove off and Pablo turned to me, "Mr. Lucas, if you want to keep looking for her father I will drive you. Ms. Skylar is very  important to me sir. I will do anything to help."

Misha hugged Pablo, "YES! You're the best Limo driver ever! Come on let's go!"

We hopped into the limo and hurried over to the address, the police were there too but we didn't get out of the vehicle.

"It looks...like normal Chinese restaurant?" Misha said. We looked around the empty, quiet narrow street.

"Without a search warrant, the police can't get too far." Connor whispered. We watched as the police entered and exited then drove away. "Ha...I knew it. They have to go by court orders in order to scope out the place."

"Not us!" I said and instructed Pablo to take the back street. He let us go through his trunk to use anything as a weapon or a tool to break inside.

We got out out and walked into the back alley, looking for any kind of entrance. The only thing we found were some cedar doors with a chain link to a basement.

"Lucas, careful. I see camera's on the side of the walls." Jason pointed out.

"Shit...this looks like it might be the place then." I looked to  my side and notice the fire escape. "Misha you're going to have to get up there and block that camera okay?"

"O-ok..." she confirmed, her voice was shaky but she climbed up and covered the  camera with her bandana.

"Connor help me with this chain, Angelo or Skylar might be down there. Misha you stay here with Jason and keep watch. If something happens just run back to Pablo," I instructed, we pried the chain link till it broke off with some wrenches form Pablo's tool box and went downstairs.

We used our phones flash lights to see. I assumed it would be a basement for the restaurants supplies but it wasn't. There were cardboard boxes and round tables everywhere. In the far corner there was a pool table and in the back of the basement was something that looked like a bar.

"This might be where he comes to gamble," Connor whispered, looking around. There were picture frames on wall. Connor began to shine his light on the photos, looking for any kind of clue.

I followed him around until I noticed someone, "Connor...that was that guy...the one at the park that day."

I pointed to a creepy big buff dude.

"You mean the guy that was staring at Skylar?"

I nodded, it was him. I would remember him anywhere.

SKYLAR

"L-lucas..." I muttered in my half consciousness. My whole body hurt, I was so thristy and my stomach felt as though it was eating itself.

I could barley sleep even though my body was craving rest, but the pain from my broken hand was unbearable and it woke me up.

I remembered where I was, in this hell. It had all been my fault for pursuing my dad, if I had just stayed home.... I wouldn't be here.

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks as I sobbed quietly, afraid that this guy would crush my other hand. I didn't see him anywhere, I don't know how long I was down there but he did tell my dad he had 48-72hours.

He hadn't fed me or bring me water, so I think he' s leaving me on my own until that time. I couldn't wait, I can't just sit here and wait to see if someone finds me.

I shook myself in the chair despite being tied up and tired. I shook as hard as I could and wobbled the heavy metal chair till I manage to drag it over to one side.

Yes..yes I can do this, I need something sharp anything...Looking around the freezing cold room there really was nothing I could use. All there was, was metal shelves against the walls.

Anyways, I dragged my chair to one of the shelves. It took forever because it was so heavy and I was so weak but I managed to get to it, slowly but surely I rotated my chair so that my hands which were tied up in the back were touching the corner of the shelf.

I felt around for a sharp corner, luckily I found it. It was a little dull but I knew if I concentrated enough I could puncture the plastic zip tie.

I kept rubbing the plastic against the somewhat half sharp corner, hoping and praying that I was doing enough to get me out soon but it was nearly unbearable to move when my hand was broken.

My face was soaked with tears but in a way the liquid had water down the adhesive of the tap on my face, I wiggled my nose and cheeks to break free from it.

God there's no point I can't scream

I heard a loud noise and immediately stopped what I was doing.

Oh god....

I moved the chair as close to my original spot as I could manage. His footsteps were getting closer, my heart was pounding like crazy.
I lowered my head attempting to look asleep, I moved my good wrist to see if the zip tie could break but it was still intact.

He opened the door and walked to me, his hand found my chin and he lifted it up to him and towards the light.

Chuckling, he slowly ripped the tape off my mouth.

"It's a shame you have to go through this," he dropped my chin. I huffed for air, I could breath fresher air since the door was open. Again I tried to move my wrist against the zip tie.

He took a damp cloth and wiped my face, removing it I noticed it was covered in blood and grease.

" You're a pretty one you know," his finger lingered on my lips, his big dirty finger. I couldn't help but shake underneath him. "If your father does come through with the money I'll almost be sad to let you go" he laughed.

"I'll give you... the money.... just.... let me go..." I managed to speak, my voice was so tired and dry.

He just laughed though, "Like I haven't heard that before,"

He back handed me across the cheek again, the blow was enough for me to see stars.

"You know, I was going to get you some water."

I heard him through my ears which were buzzing.

"But you just piss me off with your stupidity,"
And with that he walked out the door and left.

Goddammit... I kept wiggling my zip tie using all the strength I had left to break free.

I felt it give way, the plastic was looser

Yes!! I can break from this...

Finally it snapped.