Part 13 : an early victory

(Y/N) : your name
" " : dialogues
' ' : thoughts

((Y/N)'s POV)

I stood here along with my teammates in the middle of the chaos happening all around us. I unsheathed my scimitar and took a battle stance but then my scroll rang. I look at it to see that Ozpin was calling me.

Me : "Professor ?"

Ozpin : "(Y/N)! They're near! Be careful! I'm sending the teachers there too!"

Me : "thank you Professor, i will defend the city or die trying"

Ozpin : "you better not die!!!"

Me : "sorry sir! Saying that was an old habit"

Ozpin : "just, stay safe"

Me : "yes sir!" I said before hanging up. I then looked over to my teammates.

Ruby : "(Y/N), who was that ?"

Me : "that was the headmaster. Anyways, i have a plan"

Weiss : "NO! NO! NO! The last time you said that you almost died!"

Me : "do you trust me ?" I said looking at them.

Blake : "we trust you (Y/N) but we're worried about losing you more" she said while holding my hand which made the others looked at her with suspicion.

Me : "thank you Blake" i said as a voice rang in my head.

??? : "stay with me and stay alive (Y/N)" why am i hearing her voice now of all time.

Me : "please just trust me"

Yang : "fine! But if you get killed! Then i'm gonna have to kill you!"

Me : "that's a bizarre logic Yang" i said as she gave me a smile but somehow a concerned expression.

Ruby : "what do we have to do ?"

Me : "i need you guys to hold off the grimm here until i return"

Blake : "where are you going ?"

Me : "to get plan B"

Weiss : "i'll go with you then"

Me : "no Weiss, they're going to need all the help they can get. You're needed here more" i said as she just looked at me concerned.

Weiss : "what about you ?! You're going to be alone there! What if you ge-" i cut her off.

Me : "trust me, i've done this many times before" they all looked at me with sad expressions.

Weiss : "fine, be safe"

Me : "i will" i said as i saw a flare from the north.

Ruby : "what's that ?!"

Me : "that's plan B, i have to go"

RWBY : "(Y/N)! Be careful!" They all said as i ran towards the direction of the flare.

Me : 'what did i ever do to deserve a team like them' i thought as i saw beowolves charging at me as i sliced through them.

I then ran towards the flare until i saw a little girl and a woman resting outside one of the buildings. The woman's leg was injured while the little girl was trying to help her get up. Then suddenly a group of beowolves rushed towards them. I then reacted and i threw some of my bombs at them killing then instantly. I then ran towards the injured woman. The little girl looked at me in fear at first. Probably because of my uniform.

Me : "can you walk ma'am ?" I said as she groaned in pain. The little girl was now more afraid of losing the woman.

Woman : "I don't think so" she said as the little girl walked over to me and tucked my sleeve.