Part 33 : an unexpected encounter

(Y/N) : your name
(O/N) : other name
" " : dialogues

((Y/N)'s POV)

I opened my eyes to see that i was back on the beach again. I never got tired of seeing the view. It's a good escape. As i was just staring at the ocean, i heard some footsteps from behind me.

Marie : "you're back! That was quick" she said not able to hold back her excitement as she charged at me before tackling me with a hug.

Pyrrha : "Marie.. please calm down. But still..... you came back quite fast. You don't usually do that"

Me : "well, I haven't had much chance to rest lately"

Pyrrha : "you should rest more. Don't overwork yourself"

Me : "I can't. I have to make things right first" i said as they both looked sad.

Marie : "then can you at least promise us that you'd do that as soon as possible"

Pyrrha : "yeah, i want this all to end"

Me : "we all do Pyrrha, we all do" i said as i could feel a light headache and a voice ringing inside my head.

Marie : "looks like someone is trying to wake you up" she said as the headache intensified.

Pyrrha : "see you later (Y/N), good luck and be safe" that was the last thing i heard before everything went bright......

I opened my eyes to see Vernal standing just outside the tent. She looked annoyed.

Vernal : "hey, wake up! Raven sent a message for you" she said while signaling me to get out of the tent using her hand. I then got up and went outside to see that most of the camp were empty, but there were still some of the tribe left. I then turned towards Vernal.

Me : "what message ?"

Vernal : "she wants you to inspect the explosives for the raid" she said before walking towards the gates as i followed. After we went through the gates, i could see an iron wagon parked outside. It was filled with all kinds of explosives which was mostly military grade.

Me : "how did you get these ?"

Vernal : "Raven has a lot of 'friends'"

Me : "hmmm..... i see.. anyways, these will probably be enough to blow down the walls"

Vernal : "good, then we're done here" she said before walking back towards the gates.

Me : "wait, where's Raven ?"

Vernal : "she's readying the tribe for the raid. She'll be back tomorrow"

Me : "then what should i do now ?"

Vernal : "well... if you don't have anything worthwhile to do, then why don't you go to Kuchinashi ? There are all sorts of 'entertainments' there" she said before she continued walking. I could only sigh. There's nothing to do here. I should go to Kuchinashi and go check on the Generals to see how they're doing. But i need some kind of transportation. And so, i walked towards the forest and just walked for half an hour until i see a grimm. It was a Beowolf. I approached it slowly and it suddenly noticed me. The Beowolf then walked towards me as i raised my hand towards it's head.

Me : "i'm not going to hurt you boy. But can i get some help ?" I said as it growled a bit before lowering it's head. I then climbed up it's back and just rode it through the forest.

(Time skip 3 hours)

After riding through the forest for a few hours, i finally ready the edge of the forest. The last time I traveled from here to the Branwen camp, it took more than seven hours. Beowolves really are faster than horses.