Part 26 : the fall pt.2

(Y/N) : your name
(O/N) : other name
" " : dialogues

((Y/N)'s POV)

I stood on top of a fortified building as the soldiers were raining down thousands of bullets upon the grimm horde. It looked like the city was secured..................for now.

Me : "soldier, where is your commanding officer ?" I said to one of the soldiers guarding the rooftops.

AS : "the Colonel is down there at our temporary headquarters"

Me : "thank you soldier"

AS : "no, thank you sir. You're the one who organized the defense right ?"

Me : "thank you, keep doing a good job"

AS : "i will sir" he said before we shook hands. I then walked downstairs towards the streets. It was full of injured civilians. Many of them were refugees now. I can't help them at the moment. I need to get to Beacon. I then walked over to the temporary headquarters. It was an airship docked in the middle of the city center. I then went to it's hangar door to be stopped by the soldiers guarding it.

AS : "sir, this is a restricted area" he said while blocking my path.

Me : "i need to speak to the Colonel" i said as the soldiers looked at each other before looking back at me.

AS : "show me your ids" he said before the hangar door was suddenly opened to reveal a man in a white uniform.

Colonel : "you're the Major that organized the defense aren't you?!"

Me : "yes sir but first, i need to talk to you" i said as he smiled.

Colonel : "of course! Men, what are you waiting for ? Let him on board!" He said as the soldiers saluted.

AS : "right this way sir" he said before i walked inside the airship. I then followed the Colonel into the bridge.

Colonel : "so, what do you need from me ?" He said as i looked at the holographic map on the table.

Me : "i need a report on the situation in Beacon" i said as he nodded before showing me a map of Beacon.

Colonel : "the situation is bad, Beacon is almost overrun. More than half of the fleet was already destroyed"

Me : "what?! How?!"

Colonel : "one of the airships suddenly changed course and opened fire on the others" he said with a hint of anger in his voice.

Me : "Roman Torchwick, he's probably behind that. What else ?" I said as he showed me a surveillance footage. It was a footage of Atlesian Knights shooting at unarmed civilians killing them indiscriminately.

Colonel : "whoever they are, they hacked all of our androids, turning them against us"

Me : "and that's why we don't use synthetic personnel for combat purposes in Vacuo"

Colonel : "i know, big mistake"

Me : "what else ?"

Colonel : "most of the students are being evacuated but some were fighting against the grimm right now" as he said that, I immediately knew who was he talking about.

Me : "can we evacuate them ?"

Colonel : "we can, but the bullheads are still on their way here. They'll probably take at least an hour to get here"

Me : "do you have an aircraft i could use ?"

Colonel : "we're going to need this airship here since it's the last one in Vale. Most of them are retreating back to Atlas, but there's a dropship ready to use in the hangar"