Part 25 : the fall pt.1

(Y/N) : your name
" " : dialogues

((Y/N)'s POV)

We all stood here shocked at what just happened. Suddenly, sirens could be heard all around the city. I then heard the soldiers received a radio call.

Me : "what is it?! What's happening?!" I asked as the soldiers readied their weapons.

AS1 : "grimms have breached the city defenses! We need to retreat!"

AS2 : "most of our troops are currently at the city center, we need to get there!"

Me : "we need to secure the civilians first!"

AS3 : "there's too many of them sir!" He said as the sounds of the fleeing civilians could be heard.

Me : "it's either we die or they will! Now follow me!" I said before running towards the direction of the grimm horde. I looked back to see the soldiers running after me.

AS1 : "we're with you sir....... no, Major!" He said while saluting.

AS2 : "let's do this and go home!"

AS3 : "it's a good day to die sir!"

Me : "good, let's go!" I said as we ran towards the outer part of the city. We finally reached the police station where police officers along with some Atlesian soldiers were holding back the grimms. The streets were filled with corpses, old and young alike. This reminded me of home. I then ran towards one of the police officers there.

Me : "where's your commanding officer?!" I asked as he pointed his finger at a half eaten corpse laying on the street.

(PO : police officer)

PO1 : "the captain is dead!"

Me : "then i'm taking command of these men!"

PO1 : "who are you sir?!"

Me : "Major (Y/N) of the Vacuo military! Now show me your arsenal!"

PO1 : "yes sir! This way sir!" He said before walking towards the police station. I then looked at the soldiers who came here with me.

Me : "you three help them, i'll go and check the arsenal to find something useful" i said before walking towards the police station.

PO1 : "follow me sir!" He said as we went inside a room with an iron door. When i looked at what's inside, i sighed in relieve.

Me : "we still have a chance to survive this" i said as i looked at the weapons. There were rockets, heavy machine guns and all types of explosives.

Me : "why does the police force have these kind of weapons ?"

PO1 : "for situations like this i suppose ?"

Me : "then why aren't you using them?!" I said as he stayed silent until....

PO1 : "we need permission from the kingdom to use these weapons" he said as i bashed the table.

Me : "lives are at stake! Use them!" I said before walking out of the room. I pulled out my comm device and called the soldiers.

AS1 : "what is it sir ?" He said through the comms.

Me : "go to the basement, i need help with something"

AS1 : "yes sir!" I then waited for a while before the three soldiers arrived.

Me : "get these machine guns to the roof" i said to one of them.

AS1 : "yes sir!" He said before picking up the MGs and ran out.

Me : "get someone to bring the ammunitions" i said to the police officer.