Part 28 : a new beginning

(Y/N) : your name
" " : dialogues

(???'s POV)

I stood here gazing upon the beautiful beach in front of me, wondering where am i or how did i get here. What happened? And why am i here ? Then, a bright light suddenly appeared. I had to cover my eyes but as i opened them, i see a girl with pink hair in front of me. Wait.......

Me : "M-Marie ?......." i said as she just stood there smiling in tears. It can't be..... she died..

Marie : "yes....... it's me........ i'm glad i didn't loose you (Y/N)" she said before running towards me for a hug.

Me : "what happened ? Didn't you die ? And what about me ? Didn't i die ?" I said as she just smiled while hugging me.

Marie : "you did............... but i saved you" she said as i looked at her confused.

Me : "what ? How ?"

Marie : "i used the last remaining power i had to heal you"

Me : "but...... what about you ?" I asked as she just smiled.

Marie : "i'm still alive................ within you.."

Me : "what do you mean ?"

Marie : "tell me, do you remember this place ?" She said as i looked around. All i see was a beach with tall trees and clear blue ocean water. Then, i finally realized. I've been here before. The dream where i met Marie the first time since i left Vacuo.

Me : "the dream....." i said as she just smiled.

Marie : "yes..... remember when i told you that i built this place just for you"

Me : "yes"

Marie : "now, even though my body is already lost in the real world, you could always find me here. Within your mind and your heart. For my soul is linked to yours (Y/N)" she said as i stood here looking at her shocked. I didn't know a maiden's power was this powerful.

Me : "then, what now ? If i'm alive, then what happened to me ?"

Marie : "you're probably somewhere near Beacon. I used my powers to bring you somewhere safe"

Me : "i'm sorry" i said as she looked at me with a saddened face.

Marie : "it's not fault. It never have been"

Me : "but I couldn't save you, and what about Pyrrha ? Did i fail to save her too ?" I said as she smiled.

Marie : "you could ask her that yourself" she said as i suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I then turned around and much to my surprise, i saw Pyrrha with tears in her eyes.

Me : "Pyr-" i was cut off when she suddenly embraced me in a hug.

Pyrrha : "(Y/N)..........." she said as she buried her face on my chest. I then let go of her.

Me : "but how-" i was cut off yet again by a punch to the stomach. Damn, she punch like a beast.

Me : "what... was that.... for ?" I said while i was in pain.

Pyrrha : "you died!! That's for leaving me!!" She said while i looked at her confused.

Me : "but... how are you here ?"

Marie : "remember the last day of our training ? Well, when you were talking with Yang, i took Pyrrha and linked my soul to hers using my maiden powers"

Me : "what ? How ?"

Marie : "i did it to reassure her. She was going to take the role of the fall maiden and i thought that it would make her feel safer"