Part 24 : a not so calm before the storm

(Y/N) : your name
" " : thoughts

((Y/N)'s POV)

I woke up to see that Ruby's face was an inch away from mine. I tried to move but Ruby was cuddling my left arm. There's no other way, i need to wake her up.

Me : "hey Ruby" i said my body to wake her up. After a few seconds, she finally opened her eyes.

Ruby : "(Y/N)? What is it ?" She said lookinglike she was still half asleep.

Me : "Ruby, can you let go of my arm ?Ican'move" i said as she looked at my arm before looking back at me. Then her eyes suddenly widened and her cheeks turned red.

Ruby : "oh sorry (Y/N)! It was just so comfortable that's all" she said as i patted her hair.

Me : "it's okay Ruby"

Ruby : "hey, don't treat me like a child!" She said while pouting.

Me : "sorry about that" i said as she suddenly hugged me.

Ruby : "it's okay" she said before the door suddenly opened. I looked at the direction of the door to see Marie walking in.

Me : "Marie ? Where have you been ?"

Marie : "i've been studying my powers in Atlas"

Me : "Atlas ? Why there ?"

Marie : "they have the most advanced techs in remnant and Ozpin wanted me to use them" she said as she pulled out some kind of serum from her bag.

Me : "what is that ?"

Marie : "it's a serum that could enhance a person's aura for a short period of time"

Me : "hmmm.... that will certainly be useful" i said as she just smiled.

Marie : "anyways (Y/N), we need to continue your training. Go and get ready!" she said while pushing me towards the bathroom. I then took a short bath while thinking about my training with Marie. We've been training for a week now, ever since i got out of the hospital after the incident in the highways.

(Flashback to the first day of training with Marie)

((Y/N)'s POV)

I stood inside the arena with Marie in front of me.

Marie : "are you ready ?"

Me : "i'm ready"

Marie : "good. Before we start, i need to tell you something about the maiden's powers" she said before she raised her arms.

Marie : "our powers are different from semblances. We don't need to use aura to gain power. Our powers are natural and it's stronger than semblances" she said as electricity began to appear on her hands. She then pointed her finger to the wall and the electricity were focused onto her finger tip before shooting itself towards the wall.

Me : "hmm.... no wonder the government were looking for the maidens"

Marie : "now, as my guard you're going to protect the power that i'm going to give you and as my champion, you're going to wield the power to fight our enemy" she said with a serious look on her face.

Me : "understood"

Marie : "then let's start" she said while touching my forehead with her finger. I could feel something within me. It's strange. I felt power within me.

Marie : "try using the power i gave you" she said as i tried to create electricity like she did earlier. I focused on my hand and then suddenly, it appeared. It actually appeared.