Part 14 : an enemy or not ? Pt.1

((Y/N)'s POV)

I opened my eyes to see that i was standing in the middle of a vast desert. I soon realized that i was in Vacuo. I looked around to see that i'm alone until.....

??? : "(Y/N)" the voice sounded familiar.

Me : "who's there ?"  I said as i kept looking for whoever said my name.

??? : "have you eaten yet ?" I heard the voice again.

Me : "what ?" I started to walk around.

??? : "i know they told you that you're nothing but a slave. But (Y/N), you can be so much more"

Me : "w-what did you say ?" I said as memories were filling my mind.

??? : "just, stay with me okay"

Me : "i-it can't be.....    m-mother ?" I said as everything went bright.

I opened my eyes to see that i was lying inside a hospital room. I then remembered the bizarre dream i had when i was still unconscious.

Me : "that was a dream huh ?" I said out loud as i moved my hand and i felt something like hair. I looked beside me to see pink colored hair. It was Marie. I gently touched her head to wake her up.

Marie : "huuh....... (Y/N)!! How are you feeling?! Does it still hurt?!"

Me : "slow down Marie"

Marie : "sorry (Y/N), i was just worried"

Me : "i'm sorry that i made you worry about me"

Marie : "it's fine (Y/N), i care about you"

??? : "i care about you (Y/N)" a voice said inside my head.

Marie : "(Y/N)? Are you okay ?"

Me : "huh ? Yes, i am fine" she looked at me with a concerned expression.

Marie : "if you say so" she then smiled.

Me : "what about the others ? Are they okay ?"

Marie : "they're fine, they're fighting in the festival right now"

Me : "wait what ? How long have i've been unconscious for ?"

Marie : "a week"

Me : "what ?"

Marie : "yeah, the doctors worked non stop to get every last drop of the poison out of your body but it was worse than they thought since you forced yourself to fight even after getting stung"

Me : "sorry about that"

Marie : "you should be! You could've died!" She yelled as she suddenly embraced me, burying her face on my chest.

Me : "it's okay Marie, i'm here. I'm fine. I'm alive"

Marie : "i finally found you, I don't want to lose you" she said while crying.

Me : "trust me, you won't"

Marie : "you promise ?"

Me : "yes, i promise" i said as she let me go and i stood up. I then put on my uniform before i head to the door to see Marie outside the room waiting for me.

Marie : "you ready ?"

Me : "yes, i should check on the situation" i said before walking towards the exit.

(Meanwhile somewhere in Vale)

(Winter's POV)

I stood inside the airship waiting to land. I looked through the window to see Vale. It was different than Atlas. I then felt the airship getting slower and finally descending. When the airship touched the ground, the door opened and i walked out and i looked around. Everything looked like it was going according to plan until.....