Childhood Friends AU

•Connor's POV 5 years old•

"I don't wanna go!" I tugged to my moms leg again as she dragged me to kindergarten. "Connor please you have to" she then patted me head and gave me a smile. "You will be able to make new friends won't you like that?" Bleh I hate meeting people some are so annoying.

"I'll get you ice cream from A la Mode when I pick you up" ICE CREAM?! "Fine I'll go only for the ice cream" my mom gave me a smile and we walk inside the building. As we got inside I saw more kids my age playing around. Though I saw one kid all by himself.

I walk over to his table were he had a picture book with trees on them. "Hey why are you here all alone?" The boy looked back at me with his blues eyes and got nervous. "No one really likes being with me, they think liking trees is weird." I felt bad for this kid so I sat down right next to him. "Well then I'll be your friend!"

He looked back at me with a huge smile, his smile was really cute. "Oh I'm Connor" I led out my hand so he could shake it. "I'm Evan" he shook it softly and laid his book down. "Wow I didn't know there we so many trees"
Evan laughed as he pointed to a few and explain each one. Wow he is really smart, he knows all these trees. I can't even count to one hundred yet...

"Are you getting bored?" I shook my head no. "Well we can play a game if you want, I'm already done with my book." I looked around the classroom and saw some paper and crayons. "You want to color?" Evan nods his head as I get two pieces of paper and a box of crayons. I wanted to draw a picture of the both of us so it can make him so happy. I just really wanted to see that smile again. I got all the colors I needed and began to draw. I first drew myself with my favorite black sweater, and tried to write my name with a black crayon.

"What's your favorite color?" Evan took a moment to think and picked up the blue crayon and gave it to me. "Is you name spelled E-V-A-N?" He looks over at my spare piece of paper. "Your E's are backwards.." I look down and we both giggled. I wrote down his name correctly on the other paper and finished coloring. "I'm done! Here" I handed Evan the paper and he looked confused. "Why are you giving me this?"

"It's my first present for you as my new friend!" Evan then had a wide smile on his face and hugged me. "I really like it I'm going to keep it forever!" He then gave me a kiss on the check and I began to blush. "You.. kissed ... me.."

"Yeah don't you do that with your friends?" I never really knew what friends do, but the only people I saw kiss was mom and dad. "I don't know.. I guess it's ok." He gave me another smile as we continued to play.

•Connor's POV 13 years old•

I was outside Evan's house waiting for him, I needed to talk to him. I finally had the courage to come out to my family. But my da- Larry didn't take it so well. "Hey Conn- Oh my god!" Evan came up to me and saw the bruise on my face and gently touched it. "What happened? Are you ok? Who did this? Is there more?" I pulled Evan into a hug and began to cry.

"I did it.. but he yelled at he.. told me I wasn't his son anymore.. that I should just die.." Evan rubbed my back and said sweet thing on my ear. "It's ok Connor you can stay in my house as long as you need. You know my mom is ok with you. I'm always here" he then leaned in to kiss over my bruise. "Better?"

"Better" we went back to his house and Ms.Hansen allowed me to stay at their house. She said we could share Evan's bed since there wasn't a spare. "I don't know if my clothes will fit you but here" Evan handed me some clothes and I began to change. Evan turned to the different direction on the bed to give me privacy. When I was done I climbed into bed and held onto Evan.

"Thank you for accepting me Evan" Evan nuzzles deeper in the embrace and looks up to me. "Of course we are best friends, I don't care what you identify as. I still like you no matter what." I lean down and kiss his nose before we finally go to sleep.

•Connor's POV 18 years old•

I was walking down the hallway s in school listening to Panic at the Disco, until someone shoved me against the locker. "Hey didn't you hear our school has a no fag policy?" It was one of the bullies I hated to death. "Leave me the fuck alone Kurt!" He shoved me against the locker again. "What gonna cry to your boyfriend?"

My fist curls up into a ball and I was about to punch him. But I promised Evan I wouldn't get into anymore trouble. I turned around and pushed him aside. "Whatever dumbass!" I then see Evan and grab his arm. "Connor? Wait, what are yo-"

"I need you right now..." he understood quickly and followed me to an empty classroom. As the door closes I embrace Evan into a hug, and start kissing his forehead. "Hey Connor..." I stopped and looked him in the eye. "What is it?"

"Are we just friends?" What does he mean, is our friendship breaking apart or something. "It's just we do things friends don't normally do like, hug each other this way, kiss one another, sleep together sometimes... Are we more that friends... or is this something else like are you-" I knew what he was going to say and had to protest.

"No, I would never use you! I would never hurt you like that... There has been something bothering me that.. we may be more than just friends.. I do love you.." I reach my head to his face and stroke it lightly. "And you? How do you feel?"

"Well.. I.. I am not really good with my feelings.. But with you, my heart just goes wild and I can't think straight... I've always liked you.. but never knew it was more than a friend.. ha I still have that picture you drew me from kindergarten.. it always make me happy to think back to how we met"

We both giggled thinking back to that day. "God I didn't want to think about how bad that drawing looked" Evan let out another giggle and shook his head no. "It's the best thing you ever gave me I'll always cherish it." That's when I got an idea in my head as I slowly leaned in towards Evan. I closed my eyes as our lips meet one another. I melt into the kiss and pulled Evan closer to me. He let out a moan as we continued, until we pulled apart.

"Was that better than the drawing?" Evans face was all red as he hid his face in my chest. "Yeah.. to bad I don't have that on a paper to cherish.." I pull Evan's face up as I smile at him. "Well there's plenty more to come" I then pull his face up my again, as we continued to kiss till our lips got sore.

A/N

Ahh ok *clear throat* thank you jiselle348 for this recommendation for a story. I love this idea and hope you like the way it turned out. If any of you have any suggestions please be welcome to comment. I'll do my best to portray it the best way possible. Ok bye, be good!