What Happened Senior Year

Suggestion by hamilfans410 I'm so sorry this took so long

•Connors POV•

God it's almost the end of senior year. It almost seemed like yesterday that I was just a freshman walking these halls. Pretty funny now that I think about what a cringy kid I use to be. I let out a little laugh and Evan looks up at me.

"What are you laughing at Connor?" I look down at the precious boy that I've  had a crush on for year and shake my head. "Just thinking about when we were freshmen. You know dark cringy time" Evan lets out a laugh and groans in embarrassment.

"Don't remind me." We both laugh and think back at the past. "I can't believe this is our last month until college... I'm kind of nervous Connor." I nod back to agree. "I know I can't believe it either. I mean prom is coming soon." Speaking of prom I've been meaning to ask Evan to go with me.

But more than friends, I want to ask him to be my date. Though I'm so scared he might reject me. "Yeah I mean your sister asked me to go with her" I suddenly felt my heart stop when I heard that. "What did you say?"

"Yeah the other day Zoe asked me to be her date to prom. I mean I thought she never liked me, I'm as surprised as you are." I froze for a second feeling very angry. "So you're going with her?"

"I mean... I didn't saying anything at the time... I didn't want to leave you alo-" I stood up and stared at Evan in the face. "So you're rejecting her for just to pity me?"

"W-What no I really want to spend time with you." He tried to reassure to me but I didn't believe him. "Oh don't lie to my Evan. I know you've had a crush on Zoe since middle school. You would never let an opportunity to be with her like this get away."

"C-Connor I don't understand why you're getting so upset about. If you just te-" Evan stood up as well and tried to move close to me but I pushed him away. "Just shut up already ok! God you're so fucken stupid sometimes I can't stand you!"

I suddenly realized what I said and covered my mouth. When I looked up I saw Evan start to cry. "Evan I'm-" Before I could apologize he ran out my room and left my house. I wanted to run after him but I knew I should leave him alone for now.

Fuck what have I done? For the next couple of hours I tried calling Evan. But it was no use he would answer. Even on the next day of school he avoided me. After a week or so it seemed that our friendship was really broken. And things would never be the same. Just because of a stupid argument I started.

•4 months later•

I just finished bringing up all my boxes to my dorm room. Jesus fuck I was so sweaty and tired. I went to a near by vending machine and bought a water bottle. Then I leaned back on the wall to relax. I look over and saw other guys who were getting settled in their room as well. I start to wonder who my roommate would be. I hope he's not loud and annoying.

Or someone from high school. I came to this university for a new start. I didn't need a jerk to spread old rumors about me. After awhile I head back to my dorm to see a guy having trouble carrying some boxes. I go over to help him. "Here I'll help. So you must be my roomma-" as I lift the boxes up to see the guys face. I see that he was Evan.

Evan looked as shocked as me and put his boxes down slowly. "Evan... what? I didn't know you were going here?" Evan had his back facing me and slightly nodded.

The room was then filled with silence as I put his boxes down. This was getting really awkward. "Hey I-" when I looked back up Evan was gone, I rushed to the door to see he was running away. "Hey Evan wait!"

I ran after Evan trying not to bumping into any other guys. We ended up outside where nobody was and Evan was starting to slow down. "Please Evan lets talk" Evan finally stopped as he slouches down to catch his breath.

"I-I can ask for them to change our rooms so you dont have to see me" I was shocked by what he said and walked towards him. "What do you mean?" Evan turned to me with a sad expression. "You made it very clear that you hated me"

"What?! No Evan, I don't hate you. I was just a little upset" Evan let out a little scuffle when I said little. "I still don't understand why you got so mad" Evan had really changed his attitude was so different. It was like I was taking to another person. "I just got mad that you were going to Prom with Zoe-"

"I DIDNT GO TO PROM WITH ZOE I DIDNT GO TO PROM AT ALL" Evans screaming surprised me, until I realized what he just said. "What? But- Did your mom work that night?" I saw the sad look in Evan's eyes and already knew the answer.

"Of course she did..."I had a sudden wave of guilt wash over me. Knowing that Evan spent prom night home alone with no one. Sure I didn't go either but my parent were home with me.

"But... why didn't you go?" Evan look down at the ground as he played with the end of his shirt. "Because... I wanted to go with you... as my... d-date..." wait! Was he serious ! "I thought you liked Zoe?!"

"Connor I never liked Zoe! I've always like you!... but you never seemed to notice..." Evan actually liked me back? Oh god then I really screwed things up! "Evan I'm so sorry I didn't know you felt like that."

Evan just turned away and let out a sigh. "I really don't want to talk about this now Connor..." he began to walk back to the dorms until I grabbed his arm. "Evan we don't have to change rooms, we can be friends again."

Evan scoffed and shook his head. " I don't think our friendship will ever be the same." He quickly pulled away and walked back to the dorms by himself. I stayed back for awhile to take in all that what happened. God things are not gonna be the same now.

A/N

AYE IM BACK!! also sorry too hamilfans410 that this took so long for me to write but hope you like it. And I'm pretty sure a part two is coming some time.