Mermaid AU Part 2

•Evan's POV•

I swam back to my underwater village to where my home was. I snuck in back to my room and tried to rest for a bit. But I couldn't the thoughts of tonight kept me awake. I can't believed he kissed me, and he actually likes me. He was willing to leave behind everything he knows to be with me...

The thought of that made me blush as I then drifted off to sleep. The next morning I checked that my mom wasn't home to go to the sea witch. Gathering what I needed to get what I want, I started swimming to the deepest caves in the ocean. "Oh god oh god... don't worry Evan it's fine, you're just gong to the sea witch. To get a spell of Connor to turn him to a mermaid, nothing bad... WHAT AM I KIDDING THIS IS CRAZY!!"

"Talking to yourself lover boy?" I got startled by the voice and turned around. I saw the sea witch in front of me, and started to panic inside. "Yo- th- oh my-" The witch rolled their eyes and swam closer to me. "Speak clearly boy, I don't understand stuttering." I arched my back and let out a breath. "I umm I need a spell.."

"That's what I'm here for darling, and from what I heard. You need to turn a human to a merman, correct?" I nod my head, as the sea witch ushered me to their cave. "You know the price of a spell that powerful right?" I nod again and showed them my most valuable item. "A conk shell?"

"It was one of the last things before my father left..." The sea witch examines the shell and put it on a self. "Alright then let's get this started. " They collect other bottles of substances, and put then in a cauldron. "So you're gonna turn a human boy to a merman. May I ask why?"

"Well um.. for sometime I've been secretly meeting a human at night. We both started to develop feeling, and he is willing to change to a mermaid to be with me"

I then heard the sea witch laugh, "That's the most sappy thing I ever heard!" I blushed as the witch continued to laugh about my motives. "Dear lord! Ok ok sorry, I'll finish your spell." I wandered around the cave looking at the artifacts they had. "How is it like being a sea witch?"

"Well... let me put it this way, people fear us. So we don't have anyone else with it. Kind of depressing if you think about it. Though it's fun to mess with people." Note to self don't get this witch mad side, or they might kill me. "So you don't have any friends?" The sea witch sadly nodded no and continued working on the potion.

"Can I be your friend?" The sea witch stopped for a minute, looking up at me confused. "Are you being serious" oh no did I offend them? "I don't have to if you want to..."

"No I'm just surprised you want to friends with me. Sure why not" I looked up and smiled at them, and they smiled back. "So umm.. I didn't catch your name."

"I didn't throw it" I rolled my eyes as they had a smirk on their face. "Take a joke lover boy it's Jared" I let out a little laugh as I stick my hand out. "I'm Evan" Jared takes it and shakes it lightly. "I must warn you though, when he takes this he will experience so much pain in his legs at first."

"W-What?!" Oh no how bad is this spell? "It's not gonna kill him, but just warn him about the pain before you give it to him." He hands me a bottle with purple liquid in it. Before I left I swam up to Jared and gave him a hug. "Thank you..."

"Woah don't get sappy with me, but bring the guy over so I can make sure he's worthy for you" I let out a laugh and nudge him. "What are you my mom?" He smirks as he ushers me to go home before it gets dark.

Later that night I snuck out of my home again to meet Connor at the dock. I slowly swam up to the surface and made sure no one else was around. I spotted Connor and swam towards him quickly. "Oh my god Evan you're alive" Connor comes towards me and examines me to make sure I was fine.

"I'm fine and I got the spell.. it's just gonna hurt.. a lot.." Connor had a nervous expression on his face before he changed it. "It's fine I'll go through any pain to be with you." I'm so shocked to see a person going out of their way for me, even if it hurts him he is still willing to do it. But one thing still bothered me. "What about you're family?"

Connor expression turned sour as he looked away. "I left a note saying I ran away, and it's better off if they didn't find me..." I know he has family issues, but it's still family. "So you ar-"

"Yes Evan I'm fine leaving them behind, all I want is you. So just give me the potion please" I slowly hand him the bottle as he takes off the cap and drinks every drop. "Ew this taste ba- OH MY GOD OWW!!" I start to panic as Connor hunched on the dock floor and let out a terrifying scream. "CONNOR OH NO JUST HANG ON"

His whole body began to glow, as his legs turn into a dark blue shade. His skin turned scaly, and his he had gills on his back. He continued to scream, as I tried to comfort him until the glowing stopped. "Oh my god Connor... it worked.. Are you feeling alright" Connor looks down as his new tail and then to me.

"I'm a mermaid.. I'm a mermaid.. OH MY GOD EVAN!" He leaps towards me and me splash into the water and laugh. "I can breathe underwater! I can talk underwater!! I can be with you now.." I embrace Connor into a hug and he squeezes me closer. "Yes, but there's I lot you need to learn"

"I know, but you'll be there to help me" I nod as I pull away and give him a tender kiss. Connor kisses back taking over and we then pulled away. "I can't believe we actually did this Connor" he rubs my back and holds me close. "Me neither, but now I'm part of your world"

A/N

Hehehe I had to put a Disney reference at the end. Anyways hope you like this part and how I ended it. Surprisingly I got this out earlier then I expected. And omg 1.42 k of you guy!!! I'm so happy 😭 😊 I LOVE YOU GUYS I'm still taking suggestions any ideas you have leave them here and I'll write it the best way that I can. AND AS ALWAYS I LOVE YOU ALL. OK BYE BE GOOD