Prom

•Evan's POV•

Connor was over at my house as we cuddled next to each other. All of a sudden Connor got up and stared at me. I look up confused as he gave me a serious look. "Evan can I ask you something?" I started to get nervous though I nodded.

"What do you think about prom? It's fine to be honest." I haven't really thought of prom, school dances were not my thing. "I don't find it that great... Loud music, dancing, and crowds of people aren't my thing." I look over to Connor as he continues to stare at me

"Wait did you want to go? Umm I it's fine of we g-" Connor's reaches his hand over to my face brushing it lightly. "No no it's fine, I actually didn't want to go either. We don't have to go, we can do something special. Just the two of us."

I smile at Connor and hug him getting excited at what we might do. For the next couple of days Connor was being very secretive. He would give me any idea what he was doing. Which just made me more curious.

As I was in English class Zoe came up and sat next to me. "Hey Evan are you going to prom?" I shake my head no and see that she looked confused. "What why not? Did Connor not ask you?" I nod my head no and shake my hands.

"No no we both choice not to go... I'm not really the person into school dances..." I look down at my shoes and feel pathetic about myself. Zoe then patted my shoulders giving me a smile. "Evan it's fine, it better to go to have fun. Than be forced to."

I smile over to Zoe happy that she understand me. "Are you going?" Zoe nods and looks over to Alana. "Alana is going with me." I was happy that Zoe was going to have a great time with Alana. "Do you know what Connor is gonna do for you?"

I shook my head no as Zoe looks over to me suspiciously. "Hmm well lets just see it goes well" The bell then rang and I walked over to were Connor and I would meet. "Hey Evan how was class?"

"Fine, so still not gonna tell me?" Connor shakes his head no and zips his mouth. "Oh come on Connor not even a clue?" Connor pokes my nose and laughs. "Just be ready for me to pick you up tomorrow at 5 ok" I puff out my cheeks out of frustration and nod. Connor leans down giving me a quick kiss.

"Don't be mad it'll be worth the wait ok." I nod softly as I said close to him till the bell rang. That evening Connor's only clue was that he told me to dress nice. The only things I could think of that he might take to somewhere fancy. Though I don't want him to spend too much on me.

As I got ready the next day I but on a blue button up, with a black vest, and a blue tie to match. I tried to fix my hair the best I can, as I got anxious at the time got closer for Connor to pick me up. My phone buzzed making me jump, I checked and saw it was Connor telling me he was outside.

I said bye to my mom and made my way to Connor's truck. "Wow you look great Evan" I blushed as I got in. "T- Thank Connor, so do you" Connor was wearing a white button up, with a black suit jacket, and blue tie. It was almost like he knew I was gonna wear the same tie.

"Ok I need you to wear this" he hands me a blindfold and I get really concerned. "Umm why?" I try to hide my blush and Connor's noticed and he starts to blush. "I don't want you to know where we are going. It's part of the surprise ok. I'm not gonna do anything."

I look at the blindfold, then put it on seeing nothing but black. I felt Connor start the car and start to drive. After a moment of silence I tried to break the ice. "So umm no other clues?"

"Hmm this is gonna be the best night of your life" I let out a giggle and a sigh. "I'm sure it will be, I just hope you didn't over did yourself" Connor let's out a hmm playful not really answering me.

We suddenly stop and Connor still wouldn't let me see. He opened my door and lead me to a path. "Ok where are you taking me?" I could hear no sounds of other people and just the wind blowing. "Just you wait, we're almost there."

We come to a stop and Connor pulls down my blindfold. What I just saw almost made me cry. Our favorite tree we would climb had lights hanging off of it. Underneath was a table with candle light, and a picnic basket. Next to the tree was a record player and I can hear my favorite song playing in the background.

"Oh my god Connor... you did this? It so beautiful..." I couldn't help but let some tears out and hugged Connor quickly. "I figured why go to a school dance, if we can have a private one to ourselves." He then grabbed my hands and led me closer to were the record player was.

"Dear Evan Hansen, may I have this dance" he bowed down and offered his hand making me laugh. "Why of course Connor Murphy" Connor put his hand around my wait, and I put my to his shoulder as we slowed dance. I moved along to the slow song of La Vie En Rose.

As the song ended Connor stopped and stared into my eyes. "God you look so beautiful Evan" I turn away quickly letting out a nervous laugh. "Don't say that so suddenly.." He turns my head around making me look at him as he smiled. "I can't help it if it's true"

He then guided me towards the table and opened the picnic basket. "Now for today's meal dear Evan, we have the classic grilled chicken and mashed potatoes. Bon appétit." I stare at the food as Connor puts it in the plate and saw it was still warm.

"Did you make this?" Connor nodded as he handed me a plate of food. I stare at the food astonished and put a spoon full in my mouth. "Oh my god Connor you really out did yourself. You didn't have to do all of this for me..."

"I know but I wanted to make a special night for the both of us." I blush more and try to hide it though Connor lifts up my chin. "Don't hide you're cute when you blush" I rest my head in his hand as he creases it for awhile till he takes his seat down.

"This is the best thing that you ever done for me Connor, thank you" Connor looks up and smiles towards me. "I'm glad you do" after dinner we danced some more then laid down under the tree looking at the stars. "So was this the best 'Prom' Evan" I snuggled closer to him and nodded.

"It was better than I've ever imagined" Connor pulls me closer and runs his hands through my hair. It was soothing just looking up at the stars with Connor close to me. Connor then turned towards my face leaning close to me. He gave me a blissful kiss being soft and passionate.

I kissed back as I held on to his shoulders, as he tugged on my hair. We both pulled away and smile towards each other. "I love you Evan" I pull closer to him and wrap my arms around him. "I love you to Connor".

A/ N

Asdfghjkl sorry I've been busy, and kind of depressed but hey I got this out as soon as I can. I meant to upload this yesterday but yeah.... didn't really work out. Though I hope you enjoy it and 10k special should come soon so yeah OK LOVE YOU ALL BE GOOD BYE