2 : Bottoms Up

"Don't be stingy with it."

Brooke had poured him about half a glass. "Don't you know how to drink wine? You don't fill the damn thing."

Yoongi watched as she then proceeded to fill her own glass to the rim. "Hypocrite." He swiped the bottle from her hands before turning to go back into the small living room of the apartment.

She rolled her eyes before turning to see Yoongi plopped down on the couch, taking a swig right from the bottle. "Relax, Yoongi."

Brooke took a seat beside him, bringing one of her knees to the chest. She took her own sip before sighing and tilting her head to rest on the couch. Yoongi avoided any and all eye contact with her, staring at the bottle held in his hands.

"You're awfully quiet, don't you think?" Brooke didn't invite Yoongi over for a drink so they could just sulk in silence. No, that'd be boring.

His very demeanor intrigued her, even if he did try taking her wine.

Yoongi rested his elbows on his knees. "There's nothing to say."

He finally looked over to her, eyebrows raising. "Besides, weren't you the one to say I was more desperate for a drink? So... that's why we're here."

Brooke chuckled, her voice breathy. She pushed her chunky glasses up the bridge of her nose. "You're kinda saddening, Yoongi. Why so down?" She sat her glass on the coffee table in front of them and too rested her elbows on her knees. "What's got you in a funk?"

Yoongi grunted to clear his throat. "I came here for a drink, not a therapy session."

Brooke pouted her bottom lip, not-so taken back by his sentence. "I mean... I thought maybe talking about it would help but..." There was a hint of playfulness in her voice.

"If talking about it would help, I wouldn't be here right now."

He swished around the wine as a silence settled in the room.

"...Is it that obvious?" This time, Yoongi sat his own drink down, clasping his hands together. "...I can't tell you, honestly. I guess I've made it a habit now."

"Mm-mm. That's an addiction," Brooke replied. "Every addict seems to be in denial."

He pursed his lips before looking at her again. "So the same could be said about you?"

It was Yoongi's clever come back that made her hesitate before replying. For a moment, she contemplated on shooting down his statement, but wouldn't that be denial?

"...Yeah. Yeah, you could say that," with an audible exhale, she relaxed against the couch, eyes trailing up to the ceiling.

At this point in her life, Brooke had began to ignore her addiction ways. Nobody seemed to care she did it. Plus, it was her way to take the edge off. What was the harm? Because of that, she had no shame.

Yoongi did the same, his gaze instead landing on the wine bottle. "We've exposed each other, huh."

"Hah, is that what we are?" Her head turned to look at the boy. "Just a couple of addicts?"

He hummed before swiping his tongue over his bottom lip. "For now, yeah. Today."

"Is that why we're alone to share?" Brooke chuckled, eyeing the drinks sat out in front of them.

Yoongi tilted his head to the side for a second. "Actually, Brooke, I can't remember the last time I shared a drink with someone."

She snorted. "Me neither."

Yoongi sat back up and swiped the bottle. "Cheers?"

Brooke grabbed her barely-sipped-on glass and clinked it with his.

"Bottoms up."