OUTRO : Her

She was last seen at the sea.

At least, that's what Yoongi liked to think. He got a job with the fishing peer by the shore, coming in early in the morning and clocking out mid-afternoon.

It was five months being sober.

The boy wasn't sure if it was his mind playing tricks on him or the girl coming to reunite with her friend again only to leave soon after from being ashamed. Something familiar about seeing such a person walking along the waterline with dark, long hair, black framed classes resting on the bridge of their nose. He watched from afar, unsure to approach.

Jimin was over the moon upon his older's return, Jungkook in pure shock. It took Seokjin some getting used to, but eventually the grudge was let go as he welcomed Yoongi back to the family.

She and the boy didn't keep in touch as much as each other would've liked. There was some letters exchanged, and the occasional small talk of a phone call. All in all, they both hated it.

The time to meet up once again wasn't ready.

Early one morning, dawn had arrived while Yoongi stood at the peer, arms rested on the ledge while Namjoon came up to stand in the same way. "—Morning."

"Hi," Yoongi mumbled, bringing his mug of black coffee to his lips.

Namjoon smiled, looking out into the water while tilting his head to the side. "...Penny for your thoughts?"

Yoongi looked over at him before going back to the soft waves, hand reaching up to run through his faded hair that was now stark blonde. "Just—" He exhaled roughly, chum dropping to chest while he gazed into his now empty cup. "Early morning thoughts." He looked back to the younger. "Sometimes I wonder if she thinks of me too."

"Of course she does," the other replied. "Just like she made an impact on you, you did to her as well."

The older didn't pay much attention to what Namjoon was saying. Instead, thoughts of 'Is she taking care of herself? Has she began to sober up?' began to torture his mind. He placed the coffee cup on the ledge of the border surrounding the peer before resting his head in his hands.

Namjoon gently rested his hand on the boy's shoulder. "You good?"

"Yeah," Yoongi said before lifting back up, head leaning all the way back now while letting the cool ocean breeze blow through his bangs. "Namjoon, what do I do? I thought I was over this shit but—" he sucked in a breath through his teeth, shaking his head in shame. "She's all I think about."

"When she's ready, I know she'll be here," Namjoon winked. "Trust me."

He patted his shoulder before walking off, leaving Yoongi to prod the inside of his cheek with his tongue.

Thanks, Sir Obvious the Fifth, Yoongi thought to himself before going back to bask in the dawn atmosphere.

Before you worry, the two are both safe and taking care of themselves. She's just not ready. She's wanting the best for Yoongi. In time, it will come.

Maybe that same day she dialed the number to ask him to meet for brunch one day. Maybe she sent a letter two months later asking him over for dinner.

She could be planning a time to meet up with him as you're reading this sentence.

One thing's for sure, it was never the last of B R O O K E.