14 : Blue

They were now on the second floor, exploring the last room but still no signs of Yoongi. Brooke had finished off her cup of straight up alcohol to the point where she had a hard time keeping her balance. She clung on to Jungkook before groaning, "Why did I even decide to bring him. What if he's gone forever? What if I never see him again?" Her words came out melted together, causing him to look down at her with a confused expression.

"Don't think that way, he's probably getting lit and dancing with girls—"

"That's the last thing I want him to do!" Brooke screeched, causing Jungkook to flinch with widened eyes. He grabbed a hold of her arms abruptly as he noticed her beginning to sway.

"Easy there... you can't be my responsibility all night," he sighed as she looked up to him with her eyes in a haze. "Who'd you come with?" As a response, Brooke just blinked slowly at him. "Whatever," he mumbled.

Jungkook led her halfway back down the steps before bumping shoulders with who he was looking for, Taehyung.

"Yah! Where'd you go?"

"I had to piss," Taehyung replied, looking over to the shorter girl. "It's getting late, don't you have a test Monday?"

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at the other before looking back to Brooke. "I don't think we should leave her alone... plus we done lost Jimin." At the end of his sentence, Taehyung did a facepalm. They were so close, yet so far.

"'Kay, you know what?" He spoke, grabbing the younger's wrist who was still holding hands with the girl. "We'll have her stay outside, it's hard to get lost out there then we need to find Jimin and get the hell out, alright?"

After getting Jungkook to agree and Brooke mumble her reply, he dragged the two of them outside and took her cup away. "I don't know who the hell you're with, but please don't get yourself in trouble, manageable? Try to find someone you know."

She gave him a lazy salute before Taehyung began to drag Jungkook away, but not before the younger gave Brooke a wave with a blissful grin. If Kelse wasn't so buzzed, he'd be worried where his sister had went.

Outside on the lawn, people were scattered and hanging around at their cars or occasionally standing in the ground. The 1975 blared through someone's car as a form of background music while the other noises were just the students whooping and hollering.

Brooke began to walk, slowly but surprisingly steadily, trying to find her way to one of the boys. Even though a small amount of alcohol had began to take over her system, she knew who she had arrived with.

Eventually, the people started to die down the farther she trailed from the frat house, to eventually making it where various cars were parked by the sidewalk. That which, included the one the three has arrived in. She giggled while slapping her hands on the trunk of the car, feeling lightheaded. Her chin dropped to her chest as she suddenly felt tired from the effort.

From a small distance away, the sound of a dry cough made Brooke's hung head perk up. Her eyebrows knitted together in curiosity as she used one hand on the car to steady herself as she began to make her way up the side of the vehicle and to the front.

It was never expected to see the sight in front of her.

The familiar yellow flannel, the dark, waved hair. A fog of smoke raised above the figure and disappeared into the night sky.

He sat up on the hood of the car, one leg bent and brought to his torso while the other dangled to the ground. His arm perched lazily on his knee as a half-burnt put cigarette rested in between his fingers. The boy had managed to get a drag offered to him by someone on the lawn.

It hadn't been two long since he had a smoke, but it was the first in several months. No matter how much of an addiction to liquor he had, enough was enough.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Brooke shrieked, bending over the hood and causing Yoongi to jump. She slapped his hand, causing the cigarette to fall onto the sidewalk below. "You're killing your lungs!"

Yoongi looked at her with a scrunched expression, mouth hanging open. Eventually, his eyes shut while rubbing his forehead. "I'm... holy shit." His head dropped back with a sigh, his hands going behind him for support. He looked back to her. "There you are."

She not-so-gracefully climbed up onto the hood of the car with him, her teeth baring down harshly on her lip in concentration. If Yoongi was in a better mood, he would chuckle and call her a little monkey. "What are you doing, silly girl?"

The familiar hoarse tone came back to his voice from the drying of the smoke. He raised an eyebrow to her when she placed a hand on his leg with a big smile.

"Someone spiked my cup with blue raspberry. Ever had blue raspberry?" She said, grinning to show her blue stained teeth that were able to be seen thanks to the various flood lights set up for the party."

The encounter with the old friend seemed to disappear in that moment. Why did that even matter? Taehyung was a part of the past. Brooke was the present. Perhaps maybe even the future.

It had been a long two weeks of seeing the girl practically every day after work. After being alone for so long, being with Brooke was an experience that could only be described as special. They would spend time conversing over drinks and mugs of cereal of her choice. They cared for each other if one ever ended up drinking more than the other. Yoongi had only a hand full of people that brought this side out of him.

He tilted his head in thought while glancing his eyes over her face. "No, Brooke. You know I don't like it fancy."

Brooke scrunched her nose and leaned in closer to him. "You're old fashioned, arent'cha?"

The boy turned his gaze back to look forward, his jaw contracting as he clenched his teeth over and over. He didn't answer the question.

"Liven up, man, you act like you've never been to a party," Brooke exclaimed, draping an arm over his shoulders and causing him to go tense. Upon feeling his reaction, she brought her arm back. "What?"

Yoongi looked back to her, clearly understanding that this girl was on the edge of being considered drunk. With a pout in his speech, he simple replied—

"I've never experienced something like you, Brooke."

-

A/N

That was cheesy but it's all gouda.

Somethin' big is bout to happen.

Also yes, more happened between him and Taehyung, but will that be revealed? Who knows.

Also, why did Taehyung drag Jeongguk and Jimin outta there so quickly? He's got some major shade.