6 : Promise

Jungkook fell face first into the sand after climbing over Taehyung to get out of the van. Yoongi was already outside, eyes gazing at the waves the lapped at the seashore.

The wind blew his messy, pale hair in front of his view, making him shake it out to rid of it.

Jimin jogged up behind him, looping an arm around his neck to put him in a headlock. "Ah, hey! Hey!" Yoongi yelled, tripping forward. The younger gritted his teeth with a smile, keeping his hold strong so Yoongi couldn't break free. "You're gonna throw out my back!"

Even as he twisted in turned in Jimin's embrace, he was laughing more than he ever had been in the last couple years. Hoseok came up and begin to help his friend while Namjoon padded towards the sea with a high quality camera handing from a strap around his neck.

Seokjin followed behind with a tall tripod tucked under his arm. "Oi, we need a good picture before you guys get too dirty!"

Taehyung was already busy striking a pose in front of the sand dunes. "Seokjin-hyung-ah, here! Yoongi, stand beside me!"

Yoongi felt his face go warm with blush, Jimin finally letting go.

This very moment-

It was the very best that he had felt in years. He even questioned if he had really went a whole year being sober.

"That's nice," Namjoon smiled to Taehyung as he fixated the camera on the tripod. Jungkook arranged himself so he was in the middle of Jimin and Hoseok.

Jimin had claimed his spot on the other side of the hyung who's day was being celebrated, and Seokjin went on the other side of Taehyung.

"Perfect. Everyone say, 'Fighting!'"

He pressed capture, which was set on a five second capture, and ran to stand beside Hoseok.

" F i g h t i n g ! "

And there after, the one of the most happy memories between the seven boys was captured. Their tanned skin glowed, their smiles radiant and genuine. Yoongi's smile was the greatest among them all.

Taehyung swung an arm around Yoongi's shoulders while he himself wrapped an arm around each other younger ones on either side of him. Jungkook held up a piece sign while the older hyungs smiled at their younger brothers.

Except more-so at the older one, Yoongi.

He loved to visit the beach. It was the most appropriate places of them all to celebrate such an accomplishment he had fought for himself and a battle he had conquered.

One year of being sober.

The boys didn't imagine that it would be so heartbreaking to realize they took their older too much for granted.

-

"Where the hell did you get this?"

Yoongi's gaze lifted to look back up at a buzzed Brooke, her mahogany eyes wide as she stared at him for an answer. His lips stayed parted, fighting to keep back from letting his inner emotions loose.

"He asked me to call him, Boongi!" She just couldn't quiet down her voice. "See?!" Brooke yanked the photo out of Yoongi's tight grasp.

"K i m-N a m-J o o n," she pronounced each letter like a small child, her eyes narrowed at the lettering. "And no, not telling me to call him in a flirting way-!"

"Shh!" Yoongi finally reacted, reaching up and placing a finger on her lips. "Brooke. I'm right here."

Her eyes stayed round, the dim light of the kitchen reflecting on them and making her look soft even though she was tipsy off of many shots of mixed vodka.

"Still, where did you get it?" He held the photo up, licking his parched lips. Oh shut the hell up, she isn't gonna remember this, Yoongi scolded himself.

"Work, duh!" Brooke squeaked after a hiccup. "Shit, this happens everytime." She placed a hand on her belly and leaned back on the counter with a grumble.

Yoongi grabbed her shoulders and tilted his chin down, his forehead almost touching her's. "Brooke, you have to promise you will not call him."

His strict sentence was ignored.

"Mm, it hurts."

Well, at least she's not making too much of a fuss about it, Yoongi tried reassuring himself. But what about when she's sober again?

He decided now wasn't the time to try and have her keep a promise. Maybe when she was the one more sober and he was the one shitfaced.

Yoongi let out and exasperated sigh, tossing the photo beside the two bottles of Fireball. "Okay, c'mon, man."

He nodded towards the exit of the kitchen, surprised when Brooke actually followed. She still continued to groan and whine, all the way until they made it to the back ground.

Yoongi relaxed his stance as he opened and closed the two small drawers st the sink. "Got any hair ties?"

"Ugh, you're not looking far enough," Brooke griped, reaching deep into the drawer and pulling out a lonely, thin hair tie. She looked up at Yoongi with poured lips for several moments before he sighed heavily, coming to the conclusion that Brooke wouldn't get the hint.

"Turn around."

He placed his hands on Brooke's shoulders and spun her so she would be facing the mirror. "Um..."

He then began to try and get Brooke's hair in a ponytail, even attempting a braid (which he couldn't figure out either way). Eventually, his attempts had led him to forming a loose bun at the nape of her neck, exhaling as it seemed half-assed.

"Just making sure you're kept clean before you upchuck all that apple pie," Yoongi mumbled, patting her shoulders. On the bright side, it had distracted him from that damn photo.

Brooke just grumbled again, leaning back against the wall and sliding down to sit on her butt. "I don't feel good."

Yoongi just wanted to leave. However, staring at the whiny girl at his feet, he couldn't.

He pushed up the sleeves of the flannel he was wearing and sat down beside her. "Brooke, don't you know to eat bread while drinking? You'd be able to handle a lot more."

-

A/N

Well this was way longer than expected, a lot more was about to happen.

Until next time, right?

Thank you for almost 500 reads, this shit has been out for only a week kencshckwbxk