7 : Wasted

"Psst."

It was several moments before Yoongi finally creaked open his eyes, feeling cool breath being blown on his face. His eyebrows knitted together with confusion when he found himself sprawled across Brooke's couch. It was almost forgotten that he had fell asleep there once he convinced the girl to crash in her bed for tonight.

"Here."

A mug full of shredded wheat cereal was placed into Yoongi's hand with a spoon stuck inside it. "Hope you don't mind almond milk, dairy makes me gassy."

He let out a tiny snort, stirring the cup as he sat up more. "What time is it?"

Brooke spooned some cereal into her mouth, making a loud slurping noise to keep milk from dribbling down her chin. "Two in the morning. I was gonna let you sleep but I was lonely."

Yoongi brought a fist up to his eye and rubbed it, blowing a motor boat with his lips before looking back at her again. "You feeling okay? Still nauseous?"

Brooke shook her head with her mouth full. "Mm mm, I'm ready for more." She glanced to the counter several feet away where only a quarter drank bottle of Fireball sat.

Which happened to also be where the picture was.

At this point, Yoongi knew it was a bad idea to drink anymore for the night, at least until he had Brooke to keep that promise.

He sighed and spooned at the cereal, his appetite nowhere to be found. Shockingly, Yoongi wasn't anywhere near in the mood to drink.

"Listen, Brooke-"

She leaned in, her face close to her. "I may or may not have had a shot or too while you slept." Sure enough, the oder of cinnamon liquor laid heavy on her breath.

Yoongi's eyes squeezed shut as he leaned back from her with a pained look on his face. "Damn, you're such a lush." When his eyes opened, he rubbed a hand over his face and sniffed. "Then again, so am I."

Brooke clinked her mug with his. "Exactly! So c'mon, round two!" She gets to her feet while tipping her mug up to drink the rest of the milk. "A friend told me one time Fireball with milk tastes like a cinnamon roll."

Yoongi forced himself to eat a bite of cereal, not wanting to be rude. He watched while she went over to the counter, popping the cork off the bottle. While doing so, her eyes glanced down to the picture.

While keeping the neck of the bottle in her grasp, she picked up the photo, lips parted as she turned to Yoongi.

In response, he dropped his chin to his chest with a heavy exhale, dreading the thought of Brooke possibly questioning him. Earlier, it probably wasn't on her mind to figure out why possibly the picture related to Yoongi.

"Yoongi, who's needing to get a hold of you?" Brooke came walking over. "Do you owe them money? Did you fuck their girlfriend?"

He looked back up at her after pinching the bridge of his nose. "What? No," he scoffed. Yoongi sat up more and patted the ruddy seat beside him.

Brooke obliged and plopped down heavily beside him.

The man beside her bit his lip before speaking. "Brooke, you have to promise me something."

She raised her eyebrows, chin tilting down a bit. "Okay?" This made her dark framed glasses slide down a bit.

"You can't call this Namjoon guy."

Brooke crossed her arms while her tongue played with the corner of her mouth. "Just curious, Yoongi, why not?" It was for sure none of her business, but that didn't matter. At least to her.

Yoongi sighed through his nostrils before continuing. "Look, I'm a grown man. I don't have to answer to him. What is he gonna do? Give me a swat in the wrist and tell me he's disappointed? He probably just wants to confirm how much of a fuck up I am for leaving in the first place." Luckily for Yoongi, the last sentence was merely a mumble, incoherent to the girl sitting next to him.

Not realizing it, his words didn't even seem to be relating to Brooke. They came out in a scolding manner, making him on the inside feel even shittier than he had intended when talking to her.

"...What the hell are you talking about?"

He looked back over to Brooke. "Do you guys have beef or something?" She asked.

Yoongi shook his head, looking down at the cup filled with the soggy shredded wheat. "Heh, you know. It doesn't matter anymore, Brooke." He sat the mug down. "Just... promise me you won't call. Call, text, nothing. For me, okay?"

Brooke's eyebrows came together, still feeling nosy about whatever situation Yoongi must be going through. However, it wasn't her business, so she decided not to bother. Besides, Yoongi was here for a drink, not a therapy session.

"Fine, big guy," she eventually sighed. "You win this one." She stood up to grab some small glasses from the cupboard. "Here's to making and keeping promises."

Yoongi watched as she stood in her tippy-toes to reach the shelf. "Actually, Brooke," he sat down his cereal and stood, wiping his now clammy palms on his ripped jeans. "I'm tired, I'll just drive home."

Brooke looked over her shoulder. "Ha. Nice try, there's no way I'm letting you drive home after several shots of Fireball."

"I'm not a lightweight unlike some people," he smirked down at her in amusement. "Plus, I got work in the morning. I slept off my buzz, you know?"

Brooke turned around to face him and rolled her eyes. "So you mean I gotta finish this shit all by myself?"

To answer her question, he squinted his eyes down at the bottle and pondered. "You know what... save it. Bring it over in a couple nights."

He went over to the front door to put on his sneakers, tipping the brim of his cap to Brooke.

"You mean this won't be our last meeting?" Brooke asked, running in a girly fashion over to Yoongi who had just slipped on his second shoe. Fireball almost sloshed out into the floor.

Yoongi chuckled a little. "Of course not. Oh- and may I?" He pointed to the picture still in Brooke's hand.

After handing it over with no reluctance, Yoongi simply nodded his head with a 'thanks' before leaving. However, for the rest of the morning, he couldn't sleep. This meant he'd have to walk into his job at the local pickle factory in just a few hours, exhausted, still thinking about the past.

It was foolish for him to have any hope that the past would go away, that Brooke was some sort of distraction from the past years he'd spent being a whole other human being.

Yoongi wasn't the only thing getting wasted. It seemed like his life now was too.

-

A/N

Yes, I know the chapter was long, but not much happened.

Now things are just beginning.

With that being said, do you guys like the pace of the chapters or would you guys like more to happen in them? (Aka, have it cover a longer length of time rather than a simple scene)

Let me know cause remember, this isn't my story, it's our story