12 : Present

"Is this really a good idea?"

Yoongi stood in front of his bathroom mirror while Brooke ruffled the back of his hair with her hand and a blow dryer. His expression held his typical bitch face, watching her reflection as she seemed overly enthusiastic about spicing up his look.

"You're looking hot, son," she reassured him, flicking off the dryer. "Now just one more thing." He turned around to see her rummaging into her purse. "I know Axe is fuckboy spray but it's all Kelse had," she explained while spraying an 'X' on his chest.

Yoongi made a face when the fumes made it to his nostrils. "Mhm... thanks." Brooke quickly sprayed the tiniest bit of hairspray in his bangs before standing back and smiling at him.

"Completely fuckable now," she grinned, setting the spray down with a loud 'clink'. "Not that you weren't before, but-" Brooke was quick to turn around and duck, pretending to search through her purse as she felt her cheeks begin to go warm. If she was being honest, it wasn't very likely of her to blush because of someone else.

"Brooke," Yoongi snickered from behind her, placing a hand on her hunched back. She flinched before turning back around. "I said thanks."

Brooke sighed before smiling at him. As if on cue, the front door buzzed to signal Kelse had found his way to Yoongi's rundown apartment.

"What explanation did you give him to bribe me to go?" Yoongi asked, following Brooke as she scurried out of the bathroom. He pushed up the sleeves of his yellow and black flannel, while watching her look over her shoulder and push her glasses up that were sliding.

Brooke had a hand on the doorknob. "It's not like I'm not a grown woman, Yoongi," she answered. "Plus, I'm sure about ninety-eight percent of the frat houses will be there tonight. Me bringing one guest I'll doubt he'll care." After explaining herself, the door opened to reveal Kelse who was standing with his arms crossed at the door.

"Yoongi, huh?" He tilted his head to the taller boy, who was shoving his hands in his jeans.

His eyebrows raised while he puffed air out of his cheeks. "Yeah... hi." Yoongi held out his hand to handshake with the younger guy, feeling as if he was asking for permission to ask Brooke on a date or something.

A huge smile erupted onto Kelse's face as he slapped his hand into Yoongi's. "Kelse."

After Brooke gathered the two bottles of tequila she bought earlier to bring in the car. "Hope you like tequila, bub," she said quickly, passing by Yoongi and spanking his behind. He arched his back when her hand made contact, eyebrows still raised as he watched her sway out of the apartment. She wore an outfit similar to Yoongi's, her typical red flannel and dark jeans.

He liked it.

It had been years since Yoongi had been to a party. The last one he could recall was Namjoon's twentieth birthday. It could be said he wasn't a very social drinker.

He kept quiet in the backseat as Kelse drove, Brooke playing Chris Brown through the car speakers while her and her brother practically yelled along. His gaze kept focused out the window.

Luckily, the frat complex was only shy of thirty minutes outside of town. From the down the road, music could already be heard if you rolled the car windows down. Brooke sat on the edge of her seat as her head poked out of the car.

"You're making me feel nineteen again, Kelse," Brooke turned over to him with a wide smile. She wanted nothing more than to fling herself out of the car and begin the experience of the dumb party scene. Yoongi watched her with careful eyes, afraid he might lose her within the crowd that night.

The front lawn had already been littered with toilet paper and various furniture, a strobe like flashing against the front of the house. When walking up to the sidewalk leading inside, two students ran by shooting each other with Nerf guns.

Maybe there's a bathroom here where I can hide in the tub, Yoongi thought to himself as they entered, music now taking over all their senses. He felt his skin already growing hot and his chest beginning to tighten as his breaths got deeper.

"Okay, where's the peach?!" Brooke yelled, her voice deepening on the word. Kelse grabbed his sister's arm and began to pull her to the long line of drinks in the general direction of the kitchen to the large frat house. Yoongi let out a heavy sigh before looking up to the tall staircase, numerous amounts of people moving everywhere like ants on a hill.

Why'd I come here again? He asked himself when he could feel being drained already. A sigh left from him and he looked back to his right to see Brooke was no where to be seen. She was with Kelse, surely he'd keep her safe while she poured herself a drink.

To keep himself busy and hopefully get in the mood, he began to squeeze his way through the crowd of people huddled in the living room and down the various hallways. A giant, neon pink sign that was half-assed made read 'R E S T R O O M' above a closed door.

Yoongi placed a hand on his cheek, feeling it to be warm. "Fuck," he exhaled before knocking on the wood.

No answer.

He slowly pushed open the door, leaning into the room slightly before confirming it was indeed heavy. Still, after securing himself inside, he checked behind the shower curtain for good measure. The only thing in the tub was a few empty red cups.

Yoongi placed his hands on the edge of the sink his neck going loose as his head hung low. He stayed there for a moment before lifting it back up, his hair falling partially in front of his eyes. He could be doing so many other things at this moment. Sleeping, picking up an extra shift at work, welcoming another bottle of rum.

Even a cigarette sounded nice right about now. Instead, just like his first night at Brooke's he turned in the faucet to cool off his face and hopefully bring himself back to enjoy the moment. No 'what-ifs', no thoughts of the past or future, just to be present.

When he was finished drying his face with the flannel he removed (having a back t-shirt underneath), his hand slowly began to reach back in his jean pocket for the picture.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Yoongi's head shot up with a small gasp, eyes focused on himself in the mirror.

"There better not be a groupie going on in there, I need to piss!"

The voice was barely audible over the muffled music, but Yoongi quickly slipped back on his flannel. "No orgies happening in here," he raised his voice back, though it was doubtful the said person could hear him.

After shaking the bangs out of his eyes, the door unlock before he swung it open.

He cursed himself for not recognizing the voice.

A taller boy stood in front of him, a mess of silver hair strode in different directions. A familiar fleck of brown on his nose. Dark eyebrows peeking through his bangs.

The said boy slowly lowered the red cup that was brought to his lips, eyes scanning Yoongi up and down as the older stared right back, lips parted as he stood frozen in pure disbelief.

No way. There's no fucking way.

Yoongi begged with every fiber of his very being for this to be some sick dream, but reality is a bitch. Especially to one who fled from the ones who only cared for their elder.

The boy's in front of him lips parted.

"Hyung?"

-

A/N

:-)