23 : Lies

It was still the Saturday after speaking with Hoseok. Even though the drive was heavy and far, Yoongi made the hour long drive back to Brooke's run-down apartment.

He'd been napping on the couch while she made them something to eat, making a random pasta sauce in a pot. Brooke inevitably jumped when feeling shy hands being gripped on her waist. "Mmm..." Yoongi hummed from behind her.

His chin rested on her shoulder, lips pouting slightly from the pressure. One of his hands began to run up and down her side. "Whatcha makin'?" Yoongi's voice was low and soft, making tingles rise up her neck. He hummed again, his throat vibrating against the blade of her shoulder.

"Peh-steh." Pasta. Yoongi released from Brooke and leaned against the counter beside the stove, yawning heartily, but still being a little baby.

"Yoongi," she shifted her eyes over to him while her voice raise on the second syllable. She continued to stir the pot as it rolled to a boil.

He scratched at his azure scalp before crossing his arms. "Ya." If it weren't for her speaking he would've gone back down to continue his nap.

"Well, I didn't wanna ask cause you seemed tired as hell when you got here, buuut," she knocked the wooden spoon against the side of the pan before placing it on the counter and turning to him with a hand on her hip. Brooke licked at the corner of her mouth while tilting her head to one side. "Where'd you go today?"

"Groceries."

Brooke narrowed her eyes. "You lying son of a biscuit."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, now placing one hand on the counter and leaning forward. He too placed a hand on his hip. "Excuse me?"

"I mean, it's none of my business," her time started off nonchalant. "But you know I'm a nosy bitch."

"I told you, groceries," His voice went higher, almost into a crack as his sentence came out as more of a whine.

"And I told you, you're lying."

Yoongi crosses his arms again. "How?" At this point, Brooke's persistence was beginning to just be annoying.

She picked up her wooden spoon and began to stir again. "You did the thing."

He glanced down at the pot before looking back to her. "What thing?"

Brooke just waved a hand at him, more focused on her meal that would leave Gordon Ramsay quaking in his boots. "You know, the thing. Where your nose twitches and you blink like ya got something in your eye."

Yoongi's small eyes only got smaller when looking at the girl in front of him. "Do not."

Brooke abruptly looked at him, eyes round as they stared right into his. "Yoongi, did you eat breakfast this morning?"

As if on cue, Yoongi's nose scrunched while his eyes did a blink. "Uh huh."

"See!" Brooke squeaked, pointing a finger in his face to make him step back.

The boy threw his arms up in the air, "Well, if you're looking at me like that!"
It was in this moment he wondered why he ever decided to stick with this girl.

"Mhm," Brooke mumbled in a petty tone before going back to cook her five star dish. Her lips pooched out slightly.

"I woke up late," he coughed, trying to appear casual and brush the subject off. But you know Brooke, it didn't.

She looked back up to him, eyebrows raised as her glasses were now slid down the bridge of her nose a bit. "Late for what, Yoongi?"

That's when he had enough. He sighed heavily, placing hands on either side of him as he went back to leaning against the counter. His head laid low while the blue hair hung messily. "I paid someone a visit."

"Ooh, sounds like something gang related," she smirked in amusement Ive to him, "I'm listening."

Yoongi decided that trying to be serious right now was useless, so he just ignored her. "I mean, it was someone who was there for me when Kimmie passed, he did a lot for me, you know? Just... wanted to show him I was okay I guess."

Brooke paused, hearing Yoongi's breath beside her as the kitchen got silent. The only other noise was the bubbles of the pause bursting occasionally.

Yoongi let out a heavy exhale before standing straight again. "Just pack me a container, I'm not hungry right now." He began to walk off to finish his nap, but not before Brooke grabbed ahold of his vein-laced arm.

"Wait—"

Yoongi looked back to her, puffy eyes pleading for her to let him go back into hibernation.

She pulled him closer, other hand now grabbing his. "I'm proud of you."

The boy in front of Brooke took a minute to process what she just said. "...Why?"

She half-smiled, gazing over his face. "Well, you seem serious about this. Good job."

Yoongi shifted his eyes before his eyebrows came together, the insides of them going up from being puzzled. "Thanks?"

"But I still don't know why you fucking lied," she let go, pushing his wrists down roughly before making a 180 turn back to her pasta. Even though she tried to keep a light mood about it, deep down she did feel a little hurt. She was beginning to feel like the boy could start to tell her everything.

Maybe that was a lie.

It was several moments before she could hear Yoongi let out a breath through his nose, hands on her shoulders as they began to massage them. "...I'm sorry. It's just... something I needed settle. I didn't think you cared."

Brooke pouted a little to hide a sly smirk that he gave in. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Well," Yoongi began, pushing her to turn around to face him. "I thought your job was to just... make sure I didn't go back to, well, you know."

Brooke smiled up to him, noticing that same, precious blush across the tops of his cheeks and nose. "I think you're forgetting I care about you, you lil' shit."

He didn't breathe for a moment, parting his mouth to speak, voice making squeak sounds as he tried to for a sentence. "I mean..."

Brooke reached up to hold the back of his neck, the spaces between her fingers fitting into each other. Her forehead rested against his while he let out a small breath. The tip of her nose brushed against his, biting her lip to keep from smiling wider.

"You sure are a piece of work. In more ways then one."

-

A/N

Bitch leave, yoongi looked so soft in the Euphoria video

So did Jimin

Black hair I thought was supposed to be sexy but no I'm a pile of marshmallow fluff, I'm still squealing

I'm not ready

It's comeback season

Love Yourself

Face Yourself

B r a c e Y o u r s e l f