4 : Relapse

"What the hell was that?!"

By now, Yoongi had snapped out of his focus of disposing the wine. He understood her voice, but he was still determined to regain his sensibility. At the same time, the liquor had already entered his bloodstream, making his conscious feel fuzzy.

He immediately stuck his index finger in his mouth, desperate to bring up what he had poisoned his body with. The feeling hit him all at once, regretting downing almost a full bottle of wine himself.

"Ew, stop that! Quit it!" He felt hands grab his shirt, jerking him back from the rusted railing he was bent over. Yoongi coughed, a nauseous feeling in his belly, but failing to lurch up the liquor.

"What were you thinking?!" Brooke's voice was shrill, and even though she had every right to scold Yoongi, it didn't help with the emotions battling inside him at that very moment.

Yoongi stumbled, grabbing a hold of Brooke's shoulders to stable himself. "B-Broo-..." he clenched his eyes shut, sucking breath harshly through his teeth as his weight began to feel lighter.

Well, this is embarrassing, he thought to himself. His stomach twisted and turned, cursing at himself for making such a fool in front of someone he just met.

"Let's just..."

He looked down at her, breath still deep as he panted through his mouth. She placed one of his hands on her sternum, taking a deep breath in herself. "Follow me, okay?"

She kept a smile on her face, really not wanting to deal with whatever was going through Yoongi's head. "In..."

"Out..."

He followed her breathing for a few moments, eyes staying on hers.

"C'mon, I know you're cold," Brooke grabbed his hand and led him inside, his footsteps heavy behind her.

-

Yoongi's head hung over a bowl of steaming, hot water. Lavender oil drops had been placed in it with hopes to soothe whatever high nerves he was experiencing. Brooke came up and wrapped a flannel blanket over his shoulders as he sat at a chair by the table in the kitchen.

Truthfully, Yoongi's cheeks were now rosy in embarrassment. His arms crossed to grab either side of the blanket, hugging it in closer. "Is this really necessary?"

Brooke snorted and sat across from him, kicking her feet up on the surface. "Remember Kelse from earlier? Yeah, he suffers from anxiety attacks caused by his OCD. Mom did this for him after and it usually helped. Couldn't hurt to try, right?"

Yoongi went back to staring into the bowl while nodding. She was right. The churning in his stomach had died down, his heart rate going back to a steady pace. Plus, the steam helped clear his airways. "Mm... thanks."

Brooke accepted, them crossed her arms while leaning back a bit. "Now, feel like telling me why you tried to deep throat your finger?"

Yoongi squeezes his eyes shut, sighing as his head lolled to the side. "Was hoping you'd let that drop-"

"Um, call me bizarre, but..." she smiled in amusement. "If I came barging out of your bathroom and yeeting your beloved wine off the balcony, wouldn't you want an explanation?"

Yoongi'a neck rolled to the other direction to look at her. "Touché." His tongue slowly swiped over his teeth, debating with himself whether to give a bullshit answer or an honest one.

"Okay, so maybe I did feel a little sick earlier, I wanted that wine out of my sight before I was tempted to drink it all." He faked the most legit chuckle he could muster up. "I would've offered you the rest, but I was trying to protect us both from the hangover."

Brooke's mouth gaped in a joking shock. "You don't think I can handle my liquor?"

As a reply, Yoongi raised his eyebrows and shrugged.

The girl across from him stood to her feet, biting her lower lip as she leaned over hands on the table, face getting as close to his as possible without touching. "That sounds like something to be settled over shots."

The scent of fermented grapes and lemon lip balm waved under Yoongi'a nose along with the now faint aroma of lavender. His eyes shifted to every feature of her face.

He slowly reached up and tucked the curtain of Brooke's messy dark hair behind her ear.

"Careful, you're gonna get it in the water."

Brooke stood back up straight, pulling down the hem of her black tank top that had rode up from any movement, covering the little pooch of her belly. "Don't try and get out of this. Those shots are ours. Hope you don't got plans for Friday."

Yoongi scoffed after standing up and draping the blanket on the back of his chair. "I have the social life of a sloth. Plus, I thought you said I was here to make sure you didn't over drink?"

Brooke half smiled, digging into the kitchen drawer and finding a pen. "Not unless I decide to be an idiot and do it purposely." She ripped off a paper towel from the roll near by and scribbled her number on it. "When you decide on a flavor of vodka, text me. 'Kay, bub? Now c'mon, I need sleep."

Yoongi looked down at her, a smirk of amusement on his face. "You really think I'm in a good state to drive right now?"

"Of course not," Brooke let out a 'psh'. "I got you an Uber outside. Have another one come take you back by tomorrow to get your car."

Yoongi scrunched his nose in confusion as Brooke pushed him to the door. "Remember to take a shower when you get back, but don't pass out and drown, alright?" She quickly said before shutting the door once he was out in the hallway.

She rested her hands on the door, sighing heavily as she gently bumped her forehead on the surface.

"Why does he have to be so fine?"

-

A/N

Same Brooke, same

Btw, a HUGE thank you to my babygirl Jia kimmytaehyvng for giving me some in sights on this chapter, I love you

(If you aren't following this babe wtf is wrong with you)

Also can someone tell me if the gif is working ekfnsdnsk