15 : Call

Yoongi had no idea what to do. He didn't want to enter the party scene at all, the thought of drinking in a social setting being rather unpleasing.

The time was now nearing midnight, and for a while Yoongi laid back on the windshield looking at the stars while Brooke rested her head in his lap, scrolling through her playlist on Spotify. Occasionally she'd let out a low whine and complain about wanting more to drink.

"I thought we agreed I would be the designated driver tonight," he would tell her, wanting to keep the girl as far away from anymore drinks as possible.

Kelse had given Yoongi the keys, which were secured in his pocket, but he couldn't just leave her eighteen-year-old brother at a frat party. "Brooke, I might have to go back inside—"

"Daemin's coming back with us, Yoongs!" Kelse came stumbling up with his arm thrown over the shoulders of an incredibly tall, broad student from the university, Daemin. He slapped his friend's chest. "He didn't have too much to drink so he can drop y'all off so you can fuck—!"

A familiar rosy hue covered Yoongi's cheeks as he swallowed and slid off the hood of the car. "I don't think that's necessary," he spoke quickly, unlocking the door. "Plus, this is his party. Don't you think he'd like to stay and enjoy it?"

It was Kelse's turn to whine this time, sounding just like his sister's except in a lower tone. "But he's my friend!"

"Get over it, ya baby," Brooke interrupted, still sprawled over the front of the car. "I'm so glad I'm not a clingy drunk."

Yoongi rolled his eyes as Kelse began to cry out more, Brooke pulling him into the car. "Dipshit, we agreed to midnight! You're gonna get fired tomorrow if you miss work anymore!" He could feel a headache coming on the more the two argued, and in that moment he felt his old man alter ego coming out.

He wasn't exactly sure how the rest of the night would go down. Yoongi was sure if he left Kelse at Brooke's place with his car, he could then drive home to get some sleep. It was put on his mental to-do list to set an alarm for eight in the morning.

After some light tussling, he managed to strap Kelse in the backseat, who then proceeded to call the eldest a 'lemon crab'. Brooke even teased her younger brother that it didn't even make sense.

Yoongi played his playlist on the way home, volume low enough for him to hear but also loud enough to hopefully distract any thoughts that were beginning to come back from earlier. The side of his face rested in his hand that was propped up thanks to his elbow on the door.

Brooke eventually fell asleep next to him, mouth hung open as snores erupted from her sounding like a wild boar. Yoongi looked over to her momentarily and scrunched the bridge of his nose and wondering if she was actually okay.

Soon they got back safely to Brooke's flat, Yoongi taking time to drive home. Kelse practically threw himself out of the car while the elder boy had to shake the girl awake, but failing.

"Don't make me do this," he sighed before accepting his fate and walking around to the other side and opening her door. "Eh..." he carefully shimmied an arm behind her back and another under the bends of her knees. Yoongi but his lower lip before standing up straight, shakily holding her up and close to his boy. "Shit."

Kelse followed Yoongi, whining about being thirsty which made him in return promise to get him a glass of water. He attempted to keep his steps quiet while carrying the girl up the stairs, the younger boy eventually quieting down. Except he made sure to look as extra as possible when tip-toeing up the stairs when Yoongi told him to be quiet.

When entering the apartment, Kelse luckily flopped down onto the sofa with a loud groan about his stomach. Meanwhile, Yoongi carried Brooke to her tiny bedroom way in the back. "There you go, big girl," he muttered, laying her gently back on the pillow before brushing some hair that got stuck on her chapped lips. Those same lips were inviting even more now than when he was drunk, but he couldn't take advantage of her when she was like this.

He released a sigh through his nose before taking off her converse sneakers, rough and beat up from being worn nearly everyday. He gave her feet a gentle squeeze before getting up and itching the tip of his nose. "Alright, sleep well, m'kay?"

Yoongi knew she wouldn't reply. When walking back to get Kelse a glass of water, he passed the bathroom. Memories of the small pills of aspirin Brooke left him with filled his mind. She won't feel well in the morning, he thought.

So Yoongi did the same. For Brooke and her younger brother. Some tablets and a tall glass of water. Kelse was asleep by the time everything was finished. Like he decided, he retrieved Brooke's old alarm clock from her bedroom to set it for eight a.m.

With that, the night was over. Yoongi drove home, however the thoughts came back that made him contemplate on a very important decision. A decision that the encounter with Taehyung had brought up. A decision he never thought he'd be ready for.

After slumping up the stairs to his flat, he slowly pulled his phone from his back pocket, going to scroll through the many contacts he'd kept but never used. With a careful seat on the ragged sofa, he gulped when finding the number he was precisely looking for. Had they changed their number? Were they still awake?

No turning back now, Yoongi thought while his thumb hovered over the send button before pressing.

Shockingly, the phone only rang thrice before a voice answered. Yoongi cleared his throat.

"It's me, Yoongi. Is it too late to talk?"

-

A/N

For all y'all wondering wtf happened with him in Tae after I abandoned them, get ready.

I love you all, sorry if this chapter was uneventful. It's more important than you think