30 : Till Again

The door opened, causing Brooke to drop her jaw dramatically at the sight. "Aw, hell no."

She reached up and looped her fingertip behind one of the loops hung on his ear, removing the mask covering part of his face while the other hand reached up to swipe off his black cap.

"Yah, quit it!" He whined in his Daegu drawl, face scrunching to push her away.

Brooke put her hands on her hips while looking him up and down. He was turned away slightly before she dropped the items in her hands. She squeezed his chin to make him look at her, noticing a few spots of acne and now hat hair. "What? Trying to get away from me seeing your face for the last time for a while?"

He pouted, pushing her away before going to tape up the last cardboard box. "Can we not talk about hit?" He sighed, Brooke looking around to notice his mediocre apartment now almost vacant.

It had been two weeks since the talk with Namjoon, and it was set that he moved back in with the younger to their old apartment where he still lived. Namjoon was keeping it a surprise to the others.

"Well, what about the positives?" She smiled, reaching to loop her arm with his and pulling him close. "You got a new job, you won't have to live on pickles, and you're getting away from my smartass self."

He looked down to her and pulled her closer, leaning to the side to rest his head on top of her head. "I'll miss those..."

"Oh, no you don't," she backed away before raising her eyebrows at him. "Am I gonna have to kick you in the dingle berries for you to wanna get away from my ass?"

Yoongi's eyebrows came together, mouth forming a line. "—The fuck kinda name for testicles is dingle berries?"

Brooke smacked his chest before leaning over to pick up the box. "Take it easy, let me carry this outside, yeah?"

Yoongi followed behind Brooke as she wobbled down the stairs like a penguin, the box a bit heavy in her hands. He was smiling while he took his steps.

He'd been repeating to himself all morning that this was for the best, and that maybe in a year from now, they could rekindle the fire the two sparks had created in just mere months.

What encouraged him was how proud Brooke would be when they met again. Plus, she was only a phone call or postcard away.

She placed the box into the trunk of his small car before turning around and seeing his hands stuffed into the pocket of his jeans. "That's it?"

Yoongi smacked his lips before rocking. Back and forth slightly. "That's it, Brooke."

She dusted her hands off. "Huh, noice." Brooke looked over to see the same Uber that dropped her off still in some parking spaces a few spots over. He was jamming to some Meghan Trainor song on the radio, the sound muffled.

It felt like someone was twisting a knife in Yoongi's gut as he watched, remembering when Brooke had called an Uber to take him home the night he met. He cleared his throat.

She lazily turned her head to look up at the boy who was focused on a pebble that laid on the ground. "Hey!" She jabbed a finger towards his face, causing the poor boy to take a step back with a wince. "This isn't a goodbye, got it?"

"I mean—"

Suddenly, Brooke threw herself into Yoongi's body, the same 'oof' coming out of him while her face buried into his collarbone. "Not. Fucking. Goodbye!"

Yoongi was shaken up, but he pulled her away to see tear tracks, beginning to wash the concealer under her eyes. "Hey, hey, hey, no crying, remember?" He pulled the sleeve of his plaid shirt over his hand to wipe away the muddled makeup, making her lip tremble. "Till again, and there will be."

"Promise?"

Yoongi smiled, tiny eyes getting more tiny before he leaned down to give her a kiss—

Don't do this to yourself; or her.

He paused before holding the back of her head to pull her in for a long kiss on her forehead. There was a light smack when he pulled away, hands slowly dragging themselves down her dark hair. "I'll let you know when I get there safely, hm?"

Brooke took in a gross sniff before nodding, forcing a grin. "Yeah, me too. Even though it's, like, five minutes or something away."

Yoongi gave her a playful 'hmph' before walking around to climb in his car. "Later, gator."

He rolled down the window so Brooke could rest her folded arms on the seal. "See ya, bub. Good luck, now."

"Take care of yourself," Yoongi began to teasingly roll up the window.

Brooke giggled before stumbling backwards. "Keep that tummy full even though it's tiny, got it?"

"Don't catch any colds," the window was now rolled up by the end of his sentence, muffling his voice.

She blew him a cheesy kiss before waving to him while she backed more away to meet her Uber. "Stay safe!"

Her back was now facing Yoongi. He watched while she walked off before turning on his playlist again to drown out his regretful thoughts. The thoughts to throw himself out of the car and run over, gathering the girl in his arms to never let her go.

But this wasn't the end. Instead, it was a new beginning.

What possibly would fill the pages to bring them to the conclusion of finding each other again?

The End.