After Math III

I woke up stretched and yawned. I looked around and expected Beth and Lindsay to be going on about something stupid, and Courtney to be ranting while no one listened. But do you know what I heard?

Nothing.

Not one thing. It was completely silent.

Alright what’s gonna fall on me?

I got up cautiously looking around. “Weird” I said quietly. I looked in all the beds all around the trailer, there was no one else here. I threw a red sweatshirt over my pajamas and went outside after slipping my sneakers on. Again outside the world was dead silent.

I’ve never been so confused before. “Hey? Anyone here?” I said.

I sighed and walked around more, there is no way I'm the only one here. It’s just not possible. “Duncan!” I yelled.

“Duunnnccaannnn!” I yelled a little louder.

Okay, so let’s at least look at the situation I’m in: I’m alone for the first time in forever, there's no Chris, no challenge, no annoying people, most importantly no Courtney……

IT’S TIME TO BE FUCKING HAPPY!

I smiled when I realized this wasn’t a trick and ran to the craft services. I went in softly singing to Up All Night, I found the fridge and took out some shrimp that was in a fancy little glass with sauce in the middle.

“Why Chef, may I have this?” I whispered.

Then smiled “Oh yeah, I’m alone, you can’t cut my head off” I said taking a piece dipping it in the cocktail sauce and started eating.

I glanced over at the butcher knife on the table. “Just in case” I said pushing it on the floor. You could never be too careful with Chef.

I walked out to the tables still in jam out mode but this time cause I started to sing Moves Like Jagger. While walking I saw Duncan laying on one of the table’s headphones in his ears.

I screamed just out of shock. “Asshole you scared me!” I said putting my shrimp down. He didn’t move. Just laid on the table, listening to his iPod. I could hear Rick Ross and Lil Wayne rapping John from out here.

“Duncan!” I yelled a little louder. Still nothing.

“DUDE!” I said. This time he opened his eyes.

“Finally” I smiled. “Oh hey babe” He said kissing me quickly.

I laughed “Hi” He lowered his music then turned it off putting it in his pocket. I sat next to him pulling him in for a longer kiss. “Mmm, believe that I missed that just for one night?” he asked.

I smiled “Sure, I did too kid”

He smiled “Why does your mouth taste like delicious shrimp?”

I laughed and pointed to the shrimp which were sitting on the other table. “Score!” he said going over to them. He put one in his mouth and I took the platter away before he could take another “Ah! Bitch!” He said mouth full, making me smile.

“I didn’t give you permission to have my shrimp did I?”

“No, but I think you could find it in your heart” He said. I thought “Hmmm, nope” I smiled.

 “Pleaasseee baby?” He said giving me his puppy dog face. “Duncan” I warned, he knew I could resist that.

 He moved my hand and forced me to look at it. “Please?” I sighed.

“Okay! Okay!” He smiled in victory taking two more. “Asshole” I said.

“But you love this asshole” He said.