CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3:
Misunderstanding

•••

I sat alone at one of the table in the school library. I waited for MinHyuk to show up but he didn't. We only have an hour to complete the task because our English teacher let us use her teaching time to complete it. But where is this guy?

"Hey Jina! Sorry for being late" He apologised as soon as he arrived there.

"It's okay. Now let's start" I said and start to focus on the task.

During the discussion, he keep on pulling jokes and not being serious. He tried to grab my attention and want me to focus on him but I just awkwardly laugh it off.

There's one time he accidentally touch my hand because he wanted to take a pen beside my hand. Well I don't think it was an accident because he hold my hand too long. I tried my best to not curse at him.

I focused on the task and finally it completed it. Thank goodness! Finally I'm free from him. He irritate me so much!

"Finally! It completed now and I'm so tired" I happily exclaimed before I gather my things.

"Can't you stay for awhile" He said and grabbed my hand.

Thats it. I'm done!

"Don't touch me!" I quietly yelled at him.

"If it's not for the task, I won't even meet you. I rather do it all by myself than doing this with you, who take this as an advantage to touch me" I yelled angrily at him and left the library immediately.

I stomp off angrily and quickly make my way to the teacher's room to meet my English teacher. I let out a relieved sigh after I handed off the complete work to her.

"I'm not going to meet that jerk ever again" I muttered in annoyance and quickly headed back to my class.

~~~

It's lunch time now. I made my way out of the class as soon as the teacher let us out. I walk to my locker to keep all of my stuff and waited for Jungkook there as usual. Then, I saw him walking toward me so I flashes him a smile.

"Oppa-"

"Meet me at the rooftop. NOW" He demanded sternly leaving me dumbfounded with his sudden behaviour.

Without wasting any time, I started to make my way to the rooftop. I want to know what happened, why he suddenly mad. As I reach the rooftop, I quickly approach him.

"Why Kookie? What is happening?" I asked calmly.

I knew if I throwing tantrums over his sudden anger would only cause more troubles.

"What is this?!" He yelled at me as he shoved me his phone.

I flinched at the sudden yell but took the phone to take a look. I was shocked seeing the photo of me with Minhyuk in the library.

I remained calm by controlling my breathing. Getting mad would only cause this thing worst.

"It was just me and Minhyuk in the library settling our English project. Why?" I asked calmly.

"Why? YOU ASKED ME WHY? This is obviously not only doing your English project. You were sitting close to each other, holding hands, laugh together. Do you think I'll be okay with that?!" He spit out furiously and glared me like he was ready to kill me.

"Look. It was a misunderstanding. He just accidentally touch my hand. He wanted to take the pen beside me. That's all. Also, to release our stress from the hectic time he made jokes. That's it Kookie" I explained gently to avoid further fight.

"Misunderstanding my ass! I freaking met him to ask him about this and he said he enjoy his time with you and purposely held your hand. You don't even fight back. What do you think I am, huh? Trying to play behind my back. After all I've done for you this is what I get?!" He said as tears fell from his eyes.

"Look, Kookie. He is being an asshole. I wasn't even enjoy it. I don't want to let things between us getting awkward so I let it be until the project complete. But I do not even feel comfortable with him. I even scolded him for holding my hand when I'm about to leave. I'm not playing behind your back Jungkook. Trust me!" I started to tear up as well as I can sense where this argument is leading.

"Stop being a whore. We're done!" He declared and left me there crashed.

"W-What?" I asked myself disbelief of what just happen.

I looked at him walking away leaving me here in tears. I came back to my sense and quickly run after him before he exited the rooftop.

"Oppa, please! I'm telling you the truth. Please listen to me oppa. Don't let him fooled you" I pleaded as I hold his arm tightly.

I continue on pleading him as tears fall down like a river from my eyes. My heart just hurt so much and the pain is too much to handle. My eyes couldn't stop crying because I love him so much. Losing the one I love the most is just as painful as I lost my dad.

"Let me go!" He yelled at me and pushed me so hard that I fell on the floor.

I look at him in shock. He never been this harsh to me. Never! Is this for real?

"You really want to break up with me?" I asked in tears.

"I see no more point staying with a CHEATER like you" He said emphasizing the word 'CHEATER'.

Pang!

Can you hear my heart being slapped with his word just now?

I take a deep breath and stop my tears. I stand up weakly and wipe away my tears before look at him in the eye.

"Okay then. You won't even let me explain. You won't even hear me out. But let me say this, don't you ever regret when you finally know the truth" I said with a shaky voice.

With that, he just walked off like he would never regret with his choice. Tears fell down once again as how much I had to endure the pain. Deep down I know, sooner or later he will regret it.

As I was walking through the hallway to my class, a stinging feeling started to overwhelm my stomach. My stomach hurt so much causing me to fall on the floor on my knees. My eyes become blurry and my head hurt so much.

"Help me" I tried to yell but nobody could heard me as it came out like a whisper.

Not able to keep up with the balance because of the dizziness, I fell down on the floor. Pleading for someone that could help me, but I saw nothing but a faint vision.

"Jina-ssi? Jina-ssi!" I heard a faint voice came from behind me.

Soon, the person reached me and lifted my head onto her lap. She tapped my cheeks lightly, trying to keep me concious.

"It's hurt" I whispered before my vision went black.

•••