CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10:
Propose

•••

"Are you really my appa?" Jinhyuk asked him.

He looked down at him and smile, "Yes, Jinhyuk-ie".

"I can't believe I finally have appa!" He beamed happily, with a big smile plastered on his face.

They have been holding hands since the moment Jungkook decided to send me home. Eventhough I refused, Jinhyuk keep on begging me to let him come with us because he wanted to be with his appa. I can't refuse if Jinhyuk begged me.

"Appa, can you piggyback me until we get home?" He asked him as he looked up with puppy eyes.

"Aish this kid" I silently mumbled.

Jungkook gave him his widest bunny smile ever and agreed, "Of course I can! Come".

He knelt down with his back facing Jinhyuk and told him to get onto him. Jinhyuk was so excited and quickly jumped onto his appa's back. Jungkook lifted him up and continue walking happily.

"Wah! I have appa to carry me on his back!" Jinhyuk shouted happily probably wanted everyone to know that he has a father now.

I looked at them and a little bit of happiness crept up inside me. I bit my lips to stop myself from tearing up. Who would have thought to see this 'father and son' scene when I only thought that Jinhyuk will spend his whole life with me and eomma.

Jungkook laughed and twirled him around, "Are you happy?".

He nodded happily and hugged him tighter, "Now I can tell my friends that I have appa and tell them that my appa carries me on his back. Also, my appa is as handsome as me".

I stopped on my track after I heard his answer. Jungkook too but he was a little ahead of me.

"Do your friend always brag about their appa and you don't?" He asked sadly.

He nodded with a pout, "Yes. I want to brag about appa too but nothing I can tell them about. But now I can!".

Jungkook laughed weakly before turning around to look at me, finally know a little of the pain I have gone through before. I turned away as tears flowing down my cheeks like a waterfall. My heart aches remembering the time when Jinhyuk always ask for his appa and cried when he knew he doesn't have one.

Jinhyuk often got bullied and teased by his friends because he doesn't have a father. He always cried when he's back home. My heart ached more knowing that now he knew he has a father but we're not even together. I cried more and it turned into a loud sobs.

Jungkook saw my condition and quickly walked towards me pulling into a warm hug. I cried even more on his chest as he patted me with his one arm while the other one supported Jinhyuk on his back.

"Eomma don't cry!" Jinhyuk said as he caresses my hair with his tiny hand.

"Eomma wasn't c-crying" I lied as I sobs on his chest.

Jungkook let out a sigh as he rest his chin on my head, "I'm so sorry, Jina-yah. I'm sorry that you have to go through this alone. I'm sorry for not being there with you".