CHAPTER 6

Chapter 6:
Gift

•••

It's been a week since the school ended and it's a peace to start a new life here in Busan. Yes, I've moved away from Seoul and lived here in Busan.

Not just that, I have also cut all the connection with my friends and Jungkook by changing my phone number and no social media. I hope I'll live in peace from now on.

"Jina-yah! Let's eat" Eomma called me.

I walked to the kitchen and saw her setting up the food. I sat down and waited for her to finish what she was doing, to eat together.

"Eat up" Eomma said and eat.

I took a spoonful of rice and stuffed it into my mouth. I slurped the soup and took the kimchi. Before I could even eat the kimchi, suddenly I have the urge to vomit.

I ran to the sink and vomit. Eomma was shock but she quickly helped me by patting my back and hold my hair.

"Why? Is the kimchi tasted bad?" Eomma asked worriedly.

After I'm done vomitting, I rinsed my mouth and stand by the sink to massage my temple.

"I don't know. It's so sudden" I answered her weakly.

"Go and rest. Eat up when you feel okay" Eomma said and told me to rest.

I walked back to my room weakly and lay down on my bed. My head was pounding so bad that I could barely stand any longer. I was about to sleep but suddenly a horror thought creep up into my mind.

"What if.." I muttered and quickly get up to take the pregnancy test.

I rushed into the toilet and do the work. Done with that, I waited for the test to be identified. I'm so nervous.. and scared.

"I-It can't be" I gasped and fell down on my knees.

"No!" I cried.

I wanted to start a new life. A life where there will be nothing connected with Jungkook. This is not what I meant by a 'new life'.

"Jina? Omo why are you crying honey?" Eomma asked in shocked as she barged into my door after hearing my scream.

Instead of answering, I showed her the pregnancy test. She looked at my confused. She took it and gasped.

"Is this yours?" She asked in disbelief.

I nodded my head while still crying. It's hard for me to digest all of this new problem that had just arose.

"It's okay, honey. It's already happened. Now that you knew you're carrying a life, you should eat and take a good care of yourself" Eomma sat beside me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry, eomma. I never wanted to disappoint you. I'm so sorry" I apologised.

"It's okay. It's a gift from God. So I accept it because it's a bless" She answered and smile at me.

"Is it.. Jungkook's?" She asked.

I nodded and cried even more. How can I move on and forget him if he left this in me? Now I can never have my peace.