Death Is Not Yet At My Door

"Not happening, Jason." Percy yelled. Annabeth could have heard him from halfway across the very crowded room. "She is not going out there."

"The list is already changed. Annabeth?"

"Right here." She walked down the ramp. Percy looked pissed.

"What do you think you're doing?" He snapped at her, slamming her into the wall.

Annabeth winced, glaring at him. "Saving your life. How many fights of Kronos have you watched?" He glared more. "Exactly." She shoved him off of her. "I know his every technique, Percy. The last male he fought died. The last female managed to beat him, barely alive."

"What's that say for you?" He growled.

"First off, she was weaker than me. Second, she didn't watch his plays. Third, why do you care? I thought I wasn't worth it?" Percy flinched.

"You kicked me out."

"And I'll explain why after this fight."

"Annabeth, you can't-"

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" Annabeth heard the announcer say. "I KNOW ALL OF YOU ARE PUMPED UP TO SEE THE NEW COMER GET CRUSHED TWICE, BUT I'M AFRAID HE HAS A SUDDEN CHANGE OF HEART!" Boos echoed around the room. Annabeth sighed softly, rolling her eyes. "AND YOU ALL KNOW THE RULES! THERE CANNOT BE A VACANCY, WITHOUT A..."

"REPLACEMENT!" The crowd screamed, then chanted on repeat.

"Annabeth, please rethink this." Percy said, grabbing Annabeth by the sides of her face, looking like he might kiss her.

"Percy, stop. I can't. It's too late to go back, and you know it, Seaweed Brain."

She kissed his cheek.

"Even for a Seaweed Brain like you, learning that I'm not someone to get close too is an easy thing to do."

"Don't count on it, Wise Girl. I don't know if you've noticed, but I don't learn easy."

"Easily."

"Whatever, Smartass."

"RATHER THAN THE SON OF THE SEA... WE ARE WELCOMING... THE OWL QUEEN!" Annabeth flinched as people screamed in excitement. Annabeth pulled off the work out jacket and dropped it to the floor. She started towards the ring, ignoring Percy as he tried to call her back, being held back by Jason.

People saw her and screamed louder. She wished silently that they didn't get so crazy, but she knew it would never change. Annabeth pumped her fists in the air and climbed into the ring, seeing three worried faces that broke her heart. Thalia, Athena, and Frederick all stood on the outside, opposite The Big Three. Poseidon looked disappointed, probably because he wouldn't see his son get whipped into a coma. One face in the crowd stood out more than the rest, one that gave Annabeth a bit of courage, and a bit of mental strength.

Percy's mother, Sally Jackson, stood by herself on the outside of the ring, tears in her eyes, a thankful smile on her face. She was beautiful, and I understood where Percy got his looks from. Annabeth was about to go say something to her, when the announcer begin to announce the fighter who had been banned from the arena.

"NOW WELCOME THE RETURNING CHAMPION... KRONOS TARTARUS!" People cheered.

Annabeth turned to the other entrance as Kronos himself entered the ring, a terrifying smirk on his face. She wanted to shiver and run in fear, but she couldn't. She knew this guy's technique better than he knew it himself. She could beat him. It was a matter of strategy and endurance, two things Kronos lacked severely. Two things Annabeth possessed enough of to equal herself and Kronos combined.