Call From San Francisco

2 Years Later

Annabeth hadnt spoke to anyone after she left. Athena took her phone, her computer, deleted her social media, took any form communication away. She got her devices back a year after graduation, but they had been erased. She didnt know her friends phone numbers, didn't know their e-mails, and most of them didn't have Social Media.

One of them did. The last person Annabeth expected to ask for help, and the last person Annabeth wanted to speak too.

But desperate people do desperate things.

***

"Hello? Who is this?" A surprisingly not snobby voice asked.

"Drew, its Annabeth."

"Oh... Hey... What happened to you?"

"Its a long story, and my flight is about to take off."

"Flight?"

"I'm flying back to New York. Another long story. I... I needed to ask something..."

"Yeah, anything, what is it?" Annabeth pulled her phone from her ear and stared in astonishment. Drew had clearly changed. Once upon a time, Drew Tanaka wouldnt even give her the time of day.

"Did you keep in touch with any of the people I was friends with in High School?"

"Um... Piper, kind of." Annabeth smiled.

"Kind of?"

"We found out that we're sisters. Half sisters on our moms side, but..." Drew trailed.

"Wow, I missed a lot in two years."

"Youve got no idea! Maybe when you land we could hang out? Catch up? I knew we weren't even close to being friends, but I'm trying to make up for that..."

"Sure. I really need to talk to Piper though..."

"Oh, yeah. Here, ill text you her number." Annabeths phone dinged with a text. "There you go! I'll let you go, don't want you to miss your flight."

"Okay, and Drew?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"No problem."

Annabeth sighed as the call ended, and put her phone away.

"Boarding for New York at Gate 5-A. Boarding for New York at Gate 5-A."

Annabeth smiled and grabbed the handle of her suitcase, jogging towards the gate to board the plane. She waa finally going home. She'd get to see Piper, Thalia, her dad, Jason... Percy...

She couldn't wipe the smile off her face, even as she handed her ticket to the grumpy looking ricket holder. He had a mean glare, but her thoughts were on the last time she saw Percy. She remembered every word, every detail, every sound. From the seashells on the sand, to the waves crashing on the rocks, to the words she never expected to say to the son of the man who had literally chased her mother out of New York, and beat her farher because her mom was too scared to help.

~~~

"Annabeth Chase..." He trailed. "I love you."

Annabeth stared at him, her eyes glowing. He said what she had wanted too inside, what she had been afraid too. Tears in her eyes, she hugged him, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. He held her tightly, smiling even when she pulled away.

"I love you, too..."

"Annabeth! Get in the car!" Athena yelled.

"i'll come back. I promise. I'll come back as soon as I possibly can." He kissed her again, hard, leaving her gaping like a fish.

Just then, her mother had gotten fed up. She stormed over and pushed them apart, forcing the kiss to break. Athena turned on Annabeth, and forced her into the car before slamming the door, then she turned to Percy. "You stay away from my daughter, Perceous Jackson."

Athena walked to her side of the car, got in, and rolled up the window. She drove away, and Annabeth looked down at her hand. A silver ring with poorly cut bronze seashells shined on her finger, unknown to Athena.

~~~

Annabeth sat in her seat, and reached up the the necklace she wore. The ring he gave her hung from her necklace, the poorly cut seashells no longer shiny and smooth, after two years of never taking it off.

It gave her an advantage when she had to throw a punch at someone. Even though Athena disapproved, Annabeth had kept fighting. Now, it was her main source of income. Shockingly, no one wanted to hire an Architectural Prodigy.

Annabeth sighed, quickly turning her phone off, before pulling her Yankees hat over her eyes and falling asleep.

***

When the flight landed, Annabeth didn't expect someone to be waiting for her. She definitely didn't expect a caravan of people.

"Dad!" Annabeth called, and she saw her father turn towards her. She smiled and ran towards him, enveloping him in a hug. "Gods, I missed you! How did you know I'd be here?"

"News travels fast." Thalia appeared behind Fredrick, and Annabeth smiled blindingly, pulling away from hee father. "Drew told Piper, Piper told me, I told dad."

Annabeth laughed softly, hugging Thalia. So many of her frienda were here. Jason, Piper, Leo, Silena, Charles... The list went on. But the person Annabeth hoped to see out of all of them... She couldn't see him.

It took a whole hour for the group to finally have everyone say hello, and another 20 to get everyone out of the airport.

Thalia drove Annabeth to the apartment she boufhr for herself, and helped Annabeth take in the few things she brought, which was a couple suitcases.

"Thals?" Annabeth asked after the front door was closed.

"Yeah?"

"Wheres Percy? He was the only one not there..." Annabeth tried to smile, but she was honestly worried of what Thalia would say.

"He had to work. No one else could fill in for him, considering he's the owner."

"What do you mean?"

"He bought an old warehouse near the beach in Long Island, and made it into a day time diner and night time club. Its pretty damn cool." Annabeth gave Thalia a relieved look. She laughed. "Would you like to go see him?"

"Well, duh!" Thalia laughed, and nodded to Annabeth.

"Give me your best sexy outfit, girlie! Let that boy see what he missed out on at that airport!"