Calls From The Moms

"Annabeth, your moms calling!" Thalia yelled through the bedroom door that blocked her from a sleeping Annabeth and Percy. "What do I do?"

"Ignore it." Annabeth whined sleepily.

"I tried! She keeps calling!"

"Turn the phone off then..." Annabeth mumbled, sitting up partially, a hand resting gently on Percys chest, the other holding herself up.

Percy groaned, still asleep. "Did it!" Thalia called, and Annabeth started to lay back down.

"She's calling my phone now!"

Annabeth growled and got up, carefully not disturb Percy. She got to her feet and stomped out of the bedroom, grabbing Thalia's outstretched phone and answering the call.

"Annabeth-"

"Stop calling. I'm staying here." She hung up and handed the phone back to Thalia. "Just silence it."

She walked back to the bedroom, and frowned. Percy was standing, back to Annabeth. He stretched his arms over his head, and had Annabeth not been fuming over her mothers stubbornness, she would have probably drooled just like Percy did in his sleep.

He turned and saw her, giving a sleepy, dopey grin. Annabeth smiled back, but it was weak, half hearted. "What's wrong, Wise Girl?" Percy asked, frowning.

"My mom is insistent, and annoyingly persistent."

He moved forward and hugged her. "I wish I could help." She shook her head.

"Its fine. I handled Kronos, I think I can handle my own mother. Just not today."

Percy smiled again and leaned down to kiss her. Annabeth tilted her head up eagerly, but the sound of 'Under The Sea' from the Little Mermaid made both of them stop. Percy was blushing, and he pulled away from Annabeth, one arm around her waist as he pulled out his phone. He answered the call, looking highly embarrassed.

"Mom?" He put it on speaker.

"Percy, care to explain why Annabeth isnt answering her phone?"

"What?"

"I just spoke to her mom... She's looking for Annabeth. I told her where the beach house is."

"What!? Mom, no!"

"And why not?"

"She's trying to make Annabeth leave New York."

"Well, where is Annabeth?"

Percy looked frantically at Annabeth before blurting out an answer that was pretty believe able since it was 6 in the morning, and Annabeth and Thalia had arrived at 3 am. "She's sleeping."

"Then wake her up, Percy. Thalia too. Athena is coming to pick them up."

"I tried, She hit me."

"I've seen her hit someone, Percy, nice try. You don't sound like your in pain. Put Annabeth on the phone, now."

Percy took the call off speaker and walked out of the room. Annabeth sat on the bed, dropping her head in her hands. Exhaustion filled her suddenly, and she laid down in the bed, curling up.

She wanted to leave, to not deal with her mom, but she was still tired. Annabeth closed her eyes and fell asleep, her thoughts plagued with fears of leaving New York.

***

When she woke up again, Athena Chase was shaking her roughly, with Percy and Thalia standing behind her. "Annabeth, wake up. Now. We're leaving."