14 - Baby? Maybe

Althea

"Eat para mawala hangover mo."ngiting sabi ni Mama Amanda as we sit for breakfast.

"Thank you Mama and sorry for last night."

"It's ok sweetie, you're not that totally wasted unlike Jade when she's really drunk—-"

"Ma! Am I the one who's drunk here?" taray na pigil ni Jade sa Mama niya. Mama Amanda laughed and turn to Jade.

"Why look so upset, Honey?" she said and Jade pouted.

"I'm not been drinking that hard lately." she defensively said. I held her hand and kissed it.

"I know and you shouldn't be so you'll be healthy when you carry our babies, Mahal." I whispered and her eyes widen in delight and excitement, but just for seconds and her face turned serious.

"Althea...you don't have to—"

"I want to, Mahal. Last night when I woke up in your bed and you by my side I told myself, I want to have a little Jade and a junior Althea in our room." I lovingly said.

"Wow! That's great, I will have another grandchildren!" Mama Amanda shouted in delight. She already had a grandson with Gab and Pearl.

"Ma, don't get too excited." then she turned to me. "What changed your mind?" she seriously stared at me. "If you're doing this to rebel to your Dad—-"

"—-No Jade." I quickly interrupted  "I told you I just felt it. Remember we talked about it yesterday? What you told me?" I said but it seems Jade was not convinced.

"Can we talk about that after breakfast?" Mama Amanda said because she feels that the tension in our conversation is starting. Jade didn't say a word and started to eat but she never glanced at my side anymore. Wrong timing I said to myself.

"Dada's not here yet?" Jade asked as she she looked around.

"Maybe later, Sweetie. He'll be here anytime this morning." Mama Amanda answered.

"Mam, may tawag po para kayo." approached a middle aged woman to us with a wireless phone on her hand.

"Sino daw?" Mama Amanda inquired.

"Tito Pablo niyo daw po." she answered and that's when I realized I don't have my phone with me. I panicked and got worried.

"Ahm Mama, maybe Lolo's calling me. I left my cellphone at home. He's been calling me since last night."

"Oh, dear you got the old man worried." Mama Amanda said while now holding the phone.
"Hello Tito, good morning." she answered. "She's here Tito...she's fine...A little, I think but she still managed to drive here last night..." from the look of Mama Amanda's face I could tell how worried Lolo was. How come he knew about me being drunk last night, I asked myself as I tried to recall what happened at the house. Just then I remember Yaya Caring was awake when I tried to get out of the house and when she's about to call Mang Julio I was already inside my car.
"Althea..." Mama Amanda calling me while handing me over the phone. I reached out for it.

"Thanks Mama...Hello Lo?"

"Pinag alala mo ako, Althea." seryosong boses ni Lolo.

"Sorry po, Lo." I apologised.

"Gusto ko na sana sa hospital matulog sa pag aalala sa'yo bata ka. Don't drink and drive! You know that very well, Althea!" with Lolo's rising voice.

"It won't happen again, Lolo. I'm really sorry. Please calm down. Baka po kung anong mangyari sa inyo." I pleaded and really worried for Lolo.

"Gusto mo bang mamalagi nanaman ako ng matagal sa hospital?"Lolo said almost shouting.