21 - Heartbeat

Althea

"Are you serious?" halos hindi ako makapaniwala sa narinig ko. "Ang playgirl na Architect ay magpapakasal na?"

"I'm a good girl, now." Tipid na sagot ni Alyssa.

"I can see that. But still can't believe." patotoo kong sabi. Alyssa and her company have been our business partner since I took over GGC. She's been thankful for the partnership but I am more thankful for having her in my wings. She's dedicated, hardworking and very patient in her line of work and in dealing with our clients. One flaw, if you call it a flaw, is her being a womaniser. Without our company policy marami na siguro siyang niligawan sa company namin.

"I guess I really found the one." she simply said.

"Well, the truth is Denise found you." I said and she just smiled back at me as if remembering the time they first met. She nod her head in agreement.

"Yeah you're right."

"Handa ka na ba?"

"Yeah I think I have enough savings to begin with. Especially now that we got this big project. Thank you for trusting this to me."

"I trust you since day one, Aly." I truthfully said. "I just don't trust your lustful looks." biro ko at tumawa siya.

"Akala ko hindi mo pansin." ngiti niyang sagot.

"Hindi ko lang talaga pinapansin. I don't want to lose a very creative, intelligent and dedicated business partner."

"And I'm thankful you've been honest to me. Kahit ilang supalpal pang gawin mo sa akin asa pa rin ako."

"I'd rather have a perfect business partner than a lousy lifetime partner." sabi ko.

"Ouch! Sakit naman niyan Thea..." kunwaring nasaktan niyang sabi. Nagtawanan lang kami habang nag iinuman. We decided to drop by at the hotel's bar to take some drinks after our meeting and closing a contract with a VIP. A project of luxury resorts in Asia with Alyssa and her company in partnership with us for the said projects. This VIP just stayed in one of our hotels and came to visit us here in Manila for possible partnership. And after months of negotiations we finally closed the deal. It's a multi-million dollar projects and Alyssa couldn't believed that I trusted her with this one. I told her she deserved it, besides this VIP client stayed in one of Alyssa's genius creation resorts.

"But it's the truth. I felt nothing for you."

"Mula noon?"

"Mula noon..."

"Hanggang ngayon?"

"Hanggang ngayon." at tiningnan niya ako at sabay kami nagtawanan.

"Cheers to that!" sagot niya habang taas taas ang shot glass. I raised my shot glass too.

"Cheers and congratulations!" sabi ko patungol sa kanyang nalalapit na proposal.

"Dba dpat good luck muna?"

"Why? Do you think Denise wouldn't say yes, alam naman nating mahal na mahal ka non."

"She's still afraid I am not that serious."

"She's afraid she might gonna lose you because of your womanizing." nakangiti kong sabi.

"Minsan natatakot ako kasi parang hindi na siya nagseselos."

"Siguro napagod na, maybe she learned to accept na ganyan ka na at minahal ka niya bilang babaero."

"Hindi ko na siya kayang mawala sa buhay ko."

"Kaya nga pakakasalan mo na di ba?" sambit ko sabay hawak sa kamay niya. "I'm sure she'll say yes. Basta siya na lang hahalikan mo habangbuhay at wala ng iba pa."