36 - With You

Althea

"Hello, Love. I think you better go to Kale's school."

"Hello, Mahal.Bakit? What is it this time?"

"You'll find out when you get there." Seryosong sagot ni Jade.

"Mahal, hindi ba pwedeng ikaw na lang. I'm working..."

"Are you sure you want me to go there?" May paninigurado niyang tanong.

"Ok ako na lang..." Bawi ko agad.

"Ok, good. I need to go to my garden now." Paalam na niya.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Paalala ko sa kanya.

"Hay naku Althea, puntahan mo muna ang anak mo bago mo marinig ang gusto mong marinig..."Inis niyang sagot at natawa ako sa loob loob ko.

"Pati ba ako damay?" Tanong ko.

"Why not, who spoiled Kale anyway?" Balik niya.

"Mahal, pantay pantay ang pagmamahal ko sa mga bata..." Depensa ko.

"I know, Althea pero mas lalo mong inispoiled ang bunso mo..." Pagtatapos na niya at binabaan na ako ng phone.Taray talaga ng asawa ko buti na lang at mahal na mahal ko siya bulong ko sa sarili ko. Ilang saglit akong nag ayos ng gamit ko at tumayo na.

"I'm going to kids' school. Not sure what time I'll be back." Paalam ko kay Andrea na tumango lang, bago ako tuluyang lumabas ay dumaan muna ako sa dating office ni Lolo Pablo na ngayon ay naging opisina na ni Daddy. Yes for the longest time, Dad and Mom decided to come back and stay for good. His business is doing well abroad but he slowly realized as the kids grow up how distant his grandchildren are towards them. I was surprised when after I gave birth to Kale, they came home. For good. They live with Lolo Pablo that makes the old man very happy, his very thankful that he finally had everything he wished for and Dad on his part felt gratitude that he still had the chance to make up for me and Lolo.

"I was never a good father to you and your Mom could not be there for you because of me, Althea. I wish to make it up to you. Sorry for it took me so long to realize it."  Malinaw pa sa aking pandinig hanggang ngayon ang binitawang salita ni Dad when he visited me at the hospital two days after I gave birth to Kale. He could have been with us much earlier but the shame and pride kept him to stay far from us. I found out the reason why he did not come home much early when we're already in constant communication. Lolo Pablo told Dad on that night we had dinner at Lolo's house where they first met Jade as my wife that Dada already signed a legal document waving his shares to the company when the moment of uncertainty comes, that sealed his clean intention and dedication to the company. That also sealed the doubts Dad has with Dada.

"Hi Dad, need to go to school..." Bati ko pagbukas ko ng pinto ng office ni Dad. He was one of the senior board members of the company yet he still refused to attend to the meetings. I just couldn't understand him most of the time but still I am happy he and Mom are with us now.

"Kale again? What is it this time?" Tanong niya at gusto kong matawa. Alam na rin niya ang kakulitan ng bunsong apo niya.

"I still need to find out, Dad." Sagot ko saka ako kumaway at nagpaalam na.